This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viscount US Technical Support

I wanted to let everyone know that Viscount US has made a change in their technical support staff. Our friend Norm Ninneman will continue to provide parts, board repair, and literature for some out-of-warranty Viscount products on an unofficial basis.

Factory support including warranty issues will now be referred to Robert Darnall, who can be reached at (855) 239-6295 or viscount@pdt.net. Mr. Darnall will be pursuing further "Americanization" of the Viscount products for the US market with additional American Classic and romantic voicing, US-targeted stop lists and console appointments, and improved marketing. He is available immediately for all technical and artistic questions related to the installation and use of Viscount organs, including tonal finishing and audio consulting services.

Hi,

I heard about this last week. I understand that Mr. Darnell was a one time employee at Walker Technical. If so, he would have a good working knowledge of what it takes to build and voice a good organ.

I'm not sure that Norm's new status with Viscount is a good thing for him. Being "unofficial" to me sounds like there will be little for him to do. And who and where are the parts for service going to come from?

Also, is Robert Spoon still looking after some of the early Viscount made product that Baldwin distributed?

This could mean that there may be confusion as to where to go for help when the need arises.

AV

Comment

Hello,

Viscount US here –
      We wanted to update everyone with the correct Viscount Organs North America contact information. There was a typo in the original announcement.

North American Sales:
      Toll free: 877-627-2193
      E-mail: sales.us@viscount.it

North American Tech Support, Service & Parts:
      US Service Center: 484-857-1174
      E-mail: service@viscount-organs.com

Read more about our new technical and tonal director, Robert Darnall, and our plans for the upcoming year on our blog.

https://www.viscount-organs.com/visc...tonal-director

- Dylan

Comment

Thanks don60 for letting folks know! We want to update you all on the contact info though. That was a very temporary way for dealers to get in touch with Robert during the initial transition. His permanent contact information is as follows...

Phone 484-857-1174
        General Public E-mail: service@viscount-organs.com
        Industry Professionals and Dealers: technical@viscount-organs.com

Comment

Originally posted by arie v View Post
          Hi,

I'm not sure that Norm's new status with Viscount is a good thing for him. Being "unofficial" to me sounds like there will be little for him to do. And who and where are the parts for service going to come from?

This could mean that there may be confusion as to where to go for help when the need arises.

AV
          Hello AV,

Thanks for the post! No confusion here. If anyone needs any assistance related to any Viscount, or Viscount manufactured product, be sure and contact our new Technical and Tonal Director, Robert Darnall. He will be the point person for anything Viscount. Once the inquiry has been qualified, he will arrange any parts, service, etc. personally. In the case of out of warranty Viscount products, these may ultimately be handled by Norm. But again, you'll need to call the number we've listed in this feed. The info is also found on our North American Dedicated Website, located at www.viscount-organs.com

Josh Dove, Managing Director
          Viscount North America

Comment

Working...
          X