Baldwin 520 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baldwin 520 question

Have a Baldwin model 520 which has some small broken white indicator lamps on the control panel. Since I don't have a service manual for this organ, I would like to know if these replacement lamps are still available and if so, what are the specifications for these lamps?
    If anyone has a service manual for this model they would like to sell please let me know.
    Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!

Robert Spoon is still the best source for service manuals and parts for Baldwin organs built before about 1990. Contact him at his email:

musice03@yahoo.com

That's the word "music" plus the letter "e" plus the numbers "03" .... in case it isn't clear

The little lamps are 5 volts and commonly called "grain of wheat" lamps. Probably a generic number, but I don't know what it is.
    John
    ----------
    Church: Allen MDS-45 with Allen MIDI-DIVISION-II expander
    Home: Allen Renaissance R-230 with expanded four-channel audio and MIDI-DIVISION-II
    Shop: Bunch of organs in varying conditions, some good, some not...
    Half of an incredible two-man organ service team -- servicing all the major digitals in Arkansas churches
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Thanks so much for the information. Very helpfull

Comment

I have a very strange thing going on with this Baldwin 520 organ.
        All the stops in the pedal are working however, the 16' pedal stops have a dead note on F#-7. As the organ is powered up and as it starts to warm up after a couple of minutes, the dead note will start to sound and the longer it is on the note will finally play fine. I would like to troubleshoot this problem but not sure what it could be? Is it a bad capacitor in the power supply or on one of the boards? Could it possibly be a bad IC? This problem baffles me and hoping someone has experienced this in the past.
        Please let me know.
        Thank you!

Comment

The divider IC that provides that pitch is probably defective. I have seen many cases where these divider chips had to warm up a few minutes before they started to work. As long as it eventually comes on, you may be able to tolerate it. Those IC's are no longer available from the regular sources, and even Robert Spoon may not have any now. About the only source for them is salvage from other old 520's and other models of similar type. They are not the same as the divider chips used on other Baldwin models or in other brands.

You can prove that the IC is the culprit if you move the divider chips around and the trouble moves as well.
          John
          ----------
          Church: Allen MDS-45 with Allen MIDI-DIVISION-II expander
          Home: Allen Renaissance R-230 with expanded four-channel audio and MIDI-DIVISION-II
          Shop: Bunch of organs in varying conditions, some good, some not...
          Half of an incredible two-man organ service team -- servicing all the major digitals in Arkansas churches
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Working...
          X