This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leslie 760 handle repair!!

Hi, I just bought a Leslie 760 with a broken left handle. I am wondering if anyone knows where I can buy the specific handle that fits with this solid state Leslie. If would like to order the part.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	613739Click image for larger version

Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	613740Click image for larger version

Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	613741

thanks
    Attached Files

Not sure that you will ever find one, other than by cannibalising another old 760, if indeed that's an original handle from the early 70s. It doesn't look like the handles in 760s I've come across but there were some seriously oddball 760s made!

There are loads of suitable handles out there for heavy music gear, maybe not the flip out type but the more solid recessed type that you might find on a bass speaker stack. Sure, a bit of woodwork is involved to mount a handle on each side, but you'd end up with something stronger.

And before anyone says anything, changing the type of handle won't ruin the sound. I've played a '760 Black', as the original black painted 122 type cabinet was called, with new handles fitted and if there was any difference, it was so small as to be irrelevant.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
    Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Thanks Andy, that is helpful! I purchased a Spring Loaded Surface Mount Handle with Rubber Grip. Any tips for mounting this attachment would be useful. Thank you!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UTF8&psc=1

Comment

That looks a bit flimsy, IMHO. I'd send it back and get something more beefy. Maybe like this. http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/produ...yABEgIyEfD_BwE

I just googled 'bass cabinet handles' to find that one, there are others. Maybe the recess is a bit too big on that particular one, though.

If you do go for the surface mounted route - and I've seen that done successfully too, I'd recommend bolts rather than screws, and they should pass not only through the side of the leslie but also through an internal stiffening plate.
        It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
        Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
        Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
        Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

I have the Penn-Elcom (super high quality brand IMO) version of that handle on my 147 and I like it a lot. It's mounted with 5 #8 screws. These are *surface mount* handles, though, and what you want are recessed handles for this application IMO.

The handles Andy linked are awesome. I bought a set for this application a few years ago, but decided not to use them. You're in Canada? I could sell my set cheap...

On the other hand, if I was in your shoes, I would buy something more like this: https://www.avshop.ca/cases-amp-rack...ish-3-4in-grip

Wes

Comment

Working...
          X