This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodgers 702 Music Rack Bulbs

Several bulbs in the music rack light strip are dead. Two lines of printing on the bulb: JKL and FB30. Where can I find replacements? Do I need to contact Rodgers?
    I searched the forum and found a message from someone regarding Rodgers 990 that needed bulbs, but the recommended website isn't active.
    Thanks,
    Keith
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

I use the #7382 lamp to replace the FB30. I get them from Mouser.com for well under $1 each in quantity. The 7382 is actually just a tiny bit lower wattage than the FB30, but otherwise identical. The lower wattage is a good thing, as the FB30 runs pretty hot, thus the burning of the white plastic sleeve over time. I see that Mouser only has 254 in stock and possibly no plans to re-order. Like all incandescent lamps these days, probably going to be phased out.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...s%252B%2FTSIwA

John
    ----------
    *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Thank you. I'm going to order 20 or so. There are 20 bulbs total in the rack.
      I meant to ask about the bulb under the desk to light the pedals. The is a bayonet bulb says CEC 67 Taiwan on it. I googled and it seems that this bulb is readily available at Batteries Plus. It appears to be an automotive bulb. Since I don't think anyone ever replaced this, I'm assuming that this is the factory bulb.

BTW, I appreciate your help. I've had a fantastic time practicing on my new toy. I have 2 pairs of bookshelf stereo speakers sitting on top of the console which provide good enough sound to tell if I'm getting the right notes. Now it's time to get going on my pipes.

Thanks,
      Keith

Comment

I have a Rodgers Trio 321C, which also has 20 bulbs for the music rack, with 24 W total power consumption (and heating). When I got the Trio last year there were a bunch of bulbs out, so I replaced the 20 bulbs with two LED strips. This reduces the power consumption to about 6 W and the LEDs should last for decades. I did have to add some resistance to get the intensity where I wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by johnbeetem View Post
          When I got the Trio last year there were a bunch of bulbs out, so I replaced the 20 bulbs with two LED strips. This reduces the power consumption to about 6 W and the LEDs should last for decades. I did have to add some resistance to get the intensity where I wanted.
          I will likely do that once these go out. I notice that these little bulbs put out a lot of heat. Thanks.

Comment

I replaced the incandescent bulbs in my 22D with LED tape lamps. I ran a strip up one side of the housing and back on the opposite side. The light is so much better and there isn't any noticeable heat generated. You should consider that.

Comment

We're going out to a church today to install LED strips in the music rack of an old Rodgers 220 from the 60's. Hoping it will be an easy conversion. The music rack lights are already gutted, as a handyman in the church, unable to find any #19 lamps, had already stripped out the original parts and shoehorned some kind of 110 volt bathroom vanity mirror lights in there. They of course run way too hot, and the organist was terrified by them! The LED strips ought to solve the problem.

We got some coiled up LED "tape" from Lowe's that appears to be cuttable. The plan is to cut two sections, one for each of the two troughs in the rack, and run the tape on both the front and rear surfaces of each trough, as cham-ed describes.
              John
              ----------
              *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

Comment

Changing the Rodgers 220-II music rack lighting to LED was quite easy and simple. We just scrapped everything in the left and right "troughs" of the rack and used some self-sticking "tape" of LED's to cover the front and back inside edges of each trough. There was a hole between the left and right, and the tape was flexible and small enough to simply fit though there, didn't have to cut and solder at that point. Then we ran zip cord from the +12 and GND terminals of the power supply out under the roll top and through the hole already present in the back of the rack body. Re-installed the plastic diffuser/cover on top and bottom, and it was done.

Comes on with the organ power switch, and provides LOTS of light. Actually, might be too much light in some situations, so it might be necessary to use only one strip of the tape in each trough rather than covering both surfaces, if you don't want so much light. Also, we didn't discover it until it was too late, but there was in fact a switched outlet on the Rodgers power supply, and we could have used that to power the little wall wart that came with the tape, which also had an inline dimmer we could've used to regulate the brightness. But we'd already cut the tape from it's cord before we saw the outlet. It is probably not too bright for this particular situation, a somewhat poorly-lighted older sanctuary.
                John
                ----------

Comment

Thank you guys. I received the 25 bulbs mentioned above from Mouser. There were about 6 of the 20 bulbs out. I replaced all 20 anyway. I have 4-5 spares. I kept the old ones that still work as backups. If I have to do this again, I will likely do LED strips. Given that these bulbs have lasted at least 15 years, I probably won't need to do this on this console.

I will be subbing on a small pipe organ in town on 3/17, so my new toy has allowed me plenty of time to practice. I'm working on Dale Wood's arrangement of "Beautiful Savior." Once this is done, I will lift up the stop rail again and take a more in-depth look at the keyboards to try to get the epoxy off and to replace padding under a few keys - if there are felt discs as in a piano.

Comment

Working...
                  X