The Baldwin 73L Dismantle Has Begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Baldwin 73L Dismantle Has Begun

The Baldwin 73L Dismantle Has Begun. Main Reason: it will make it easier to dispose of, or at least lighter. I am not sure if anything of real value. I took my time pulling out the Baldwin Panoramic Unit in its complete form without chopping wires. I unfortunately never got to hear. I really was impressed with the huge springs. I am guessing this was or is some sort of a reverb. The On/Off Control Leaver Switch attached to a long multiple wire cable connected to box -using !2AX7s (3or4) This box connects to the organs amp and also has 4 FM input Jacks for connecting the reverb box that has to be mounted vertically. Inside, looks like springs hang with fishing line . This part is complete and pretty interesting. This organ has two nice speakers and also there is some sort of a LESLIE TYPE Device in the organ as well. I would like to try to remove it from the organ without disturbing it to much. This organ didn't have any broken keys, and have all the little red felts. The sounds modules, except for "C" and "F#" seem to work fine... but what use are they or any of the other stuff???maybe footpedals or the expression pedal might be of some use. Any ways this is happening, If a member is looking for something this organ might provide contact me soon. Or if you have any insight It will be appreciated. I really don't fancy this, taking a part something from the past. I usually try to restore things. But this one, This project got the best of me and that is why I bought another Organ (Hammond) and had good success with it. So the The Baldwin 73L: Lost Cause...... 3/6/19

I just got a used Baldwin organ that sounds great but has a bad hum in it when you turn it on. I bought it from a teacher and didn’t realize it had this defect. I took the back off and cleaned it. The sound is coming from the speakers. I pressed on the left one and now it’s only 1/2 as loud however, the speaker is not working anymore. Yep! I really fixed it! I don’t have an instruction manual and do not know what model it is. It’s not real big. All the keys work great on both keyboards and the pedals all work fine. I majored in piano, however, have been playing Organ for our church for about 10 years. I mainly wanted it so I could learn to use the pedals. I didn’t invest much in it and don’t want to. Any ideas what’s causing the hum. Could it just be bad speakers? Or is it something much worse?

Comment

Something much better, probably. Except the speaker you pushed. Probably a simple filter condenser in the power supply.

Comment

'If a member is looking for something this organ might provide contact me soon.'
        It has been a few months, so it may be too late. But, you might have more luck if you include the part of the world where you are located as it may be impractical to ship parts from you to the forum member who might need the parts

Comment

Working...
        X