Forum Top Banner Ad

Collapse

Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kimball Swinger 400 Assistance/modification?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kimball Swinger 400 Assistance/modification?

Hi! I have a Kimball Swinger 400 (Model Number 472) that I've stripped of its various PCB cards that I'm looking to turn into standalone units (for instance, turning the drum machine into a standalone drum machine or the audio expander into a pedal). I was going to take multimeter readings of each rail during operation to figure out what sort of power supply it would require + which pins were power/signal, but I completely forgot as I started disassembling and only realized this once I've disposed of the power supply/dismantled some of the wiring beyond the point of repair. Is this information covered in the service manual for the organ? Even if it is, I cant find a copy online (or even for sale!). I can provide the board numbers if this makes it easier (for instance, the drum machine voice circuitry is on ASS'Y 125-584-05). Thanks!

If you cannot get the Swinger Rhythm unit working, I have an analog King Beat 7 that might fill the bill for you. It is a vintage analog percussion box.

There is a description online of someone else's here, and a video of the sound here.

Note that you depress the five push buttons to get the different beats, and there are two other beats available by pressing two buttons at once. Total: Slow Rock, Latin, Twist, Fox Trot, Waltz, Mambo, Go-Go.

Mine is in good cosmetic condition and is working. It has a 1/4 phone jack output. The tempo knob has been replaced with a larger one. The plastic protective sheet is still on the panel, so it should be pristine under it.

If you are interested, I will post it on ebay.
    Home:
    1973 Wurlitzer 4570 + Leslie 212S, 1923 Knabe Ampico A grand, 1961 Castiglione 402 D/C Accordion
    Church:
    1975 Allen 632-3

Comment

PM me a list of the boards and an email address. I will scan the needed ones from the service manual.
      td
      Servicing electronic organs since 1969.

Comment

Working...
      X