This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45H Baldwin Organ

I am restoring a 45H Baldwin Organ, Ser. #09921-MLP-F3, and am having problems with the "C" and "D" (D5 down). Does anybody have information for voltage measurements, resistance of pulse transformers (primary and secondary) or any other detailed technical information. I do have the technical manual for the 45 series, but would like to have the Auxiliary Equipment Volume II manual. If anyone has this, I would like to purchase a copy. I have a tube tester and have checked all tubes, "12AU7-12AX7" and have a lot of good, spare tubes. I have also checked resistor and capacitors in the affected circuits. No luck so far. Richard

Hi Richard,

Perhaps this may be too late to be helpful, but I have scanned and uploaded the Electronic Organ Handbook by H. Emerson Anderson, first published in 1960. It can be downloaded here: http://crasno.ca/articles/doc/EOH_HEAnderson_1960.pdf

It describes many early American organs, including the Baldwin 45H - the relevant section starts at page 12 of the PDF. While it may not give you much more than your existing technical manual in terms of diagrams, it does give a rather detailed circuit description, as well as a section of troubleshooting tips. Again, the information is not extensive, but it may be useful nonetheless.

I would also like to suggest that when it comes to checking things like pulse transformer resistance, it may be sufficient to make comparisons of the potentially faulty parts to those that are known to work, e.g. in adjacent generator sections. Of course, the main tests would be checking for windings that are either unusually low in resistance (indicating an internal short), or open. Also, as mentioned in the book, don't rely on a tube tester to determine whether a tube is good or not; I have certainly found tubes before that test OK, but do not work in oscillator circuits, and vice versa. Instead, you can substitute tubes from adjacent generators, or from further "up the chain". An oscilloscope can also help greatly in trying to determine where the fault lies.

Jesse

Comment

Working...
    X