This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie has problems with noisy Hammond

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how to get rid of noisy static hisses and pops coming from my old Hammond M-111. I've cleaned up all the wiring on the amp and reverb unit and it helped a bit. It has pretty old tubes. The noise goes away considerably with the "soft volume" switch hit. Its oiled up and functions perfectly otherwise. I'm just a hobbyist when it comes to electronics so details are appreciated with any replies I may recieve. </p>

Thanks</p>

Pete
    </p>

</p>

Re: Newbie has problems with noisy Hammond

I'd start by cleaning up all the tube sockets. Caig De-Oxit is what's used around these parts. You sound like you're OK inside the organ, but do be careful with all those HT voltages.</P>

Let us know how you get on.</P>

Andy</P>
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
    Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Re: Newbie has problems with noisy Hammond

that DeOxit stuff is amazing. Did a thorough cleaning of all the electronics and the static and hiss is completely gone. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X