This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gulbransen N-2 Theatre to repair...

I'm a service tech in Canada and I'm (desperately) looking for a schematic of a Gulbransen N-2 Theatre. A double capacitor (100-100) is missing in the Power Supply and I can't figure out exactly how to connect it back properly. P/S # is APS-9, and looks rather simple but I want to be sure before attempting to plug it on again. Anyone knows something about it ?
    Thanks in advance.

Jean-Michel Migneault
    Levis, Canada

Re: Gulbransen N-2 Theatre to repair...

The APS9 is basically the same amplifier as the 100GK (at least according to my paperwork). It is a 4-channel tube amp. The 100-100 capacitor is a can type and there should onlybe one way to install it - one of the neg. sockets is blocked off. If I recall correctly the 2 100s, along with a 30,30, and 10 in the other 4-way can, were wired together to get roughly 250uF at 350v. (The schamatic says 250; I know it adds up to more than that). Thatshouldn't matter to you since all the wiring is under the socket and hopefully is stil intact. I'm just going by memory when I worked on a 100GK.</P>

Do you not have the 100-100 can capacitor?</P>

The APS9 is just the amplifier/PS. There is another PS in the organ that provides the other working voltages for the organ itself.</P>

Do you just need the schamatic for the amp or the whole organ? </P>

You can order schamatics, parts, etc. from Dave's Electronics. If you just need the amp schematic send me a PM with your e-mail address.</P>

<FONT size=4>Gulbransen (</FONT>All Pre-1986 Models: Parts, Service and Owners Manuals and Tech Support<FONT size=+1>)
    Dave's Electronics</FONT>

105A East Penn St.
    Hoopeston, IL 60942
    Phone: 217-283-5010
    Fax: 217-283-5161</P>
    Jimmy Williams
    Hobbyist (organist/technician)
    Gulbransen Model D with Leslie 204

Comment

First of all, I want to thank you for answering, very appreciated. I'm new on this forum but it looks quite interesting and I hope to contribute myself in the future. Now, you seems to be right with your description of the circuit, but there is more to be connected back (it's a bit of a mess), so maybe I should send you the details by PM instead, I doubt it to be of any interest to the forum community, isn't it (tell me if I'm wrong - [:)] ).</p>

</p>

Jean-Michel</p>

Comment

Jean-Michael,</P>

We try to assist each other with various technical issues all the time, no bother.</P>

If you send me a PM with your home e-mail address I can send you a scan of the amp schematic (it is only one page). You really need this to continue your work on this amp. Once you have that, and there are specific issues you are still running into, some of us may be able to assist further. If this is a time-critical job, though, you should go right to the pros over at Dave's Electronics as solving these problems using the forum can take some time as the messages go back and forth, people being busy/on vacation, etc. It would help if there was a specific problem you are trying to solve. There is a technician there named George Reynertson who is an expert with the old Gulbransens but the boss does not like people to call him directly - you may want to try innocently enough like "is there anyone there who can help me with this problem...."</P>

Like I said send me a PM and I'll scan/send you the schematic for the amp and you can take things from there.</P>

- jim</P>
        <P mce_keep="true"></P>
        <P mce_keep="true"></P>
        Jimmy Williams
        Hobbyist (organist/technician)
        Gulbransen Model D with Leslie 204

Comment

Working...
        X