Reluctant buttons in a Roland AT-90SL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reluctant buttons in a Roland AT-90SL

I just bought a new to me Roland AT-90SL (magnificent instrument!) but some of the buttons in the Accompaniment section are a bit "reluctant" to operate. That is, they do their intended function only if you press down on them a little harder than necessary (comparing those with the rest of the buttons, which operate normally.) This seems to be a matter of the switch contacts being dirty (the organ sat unused for many years before I bought it), but I wonder if it's a symptom of something more worrying? If not, and if a simple cleaning is all that is required, how difficult could the operation be? I'm not particularly proficient with mechanical tasks, by the way.

Thanks in advance for any tips and guidance!
    Ray
    Miami, FL
    --------------
    Roland AT-90SL

There is no way to clean the switches. The original tact switch, EVQ QJJ 05Q, is obsolete but Digikey dot com has workable substitutes.
    Now all you need is a technician to replace them.

td

Comment

Thanks, Dave! I will most certainly look into that.
      Ray
      Miami, FL
      --------------
      Roland AT-90SL

Comment

Hate to jump in on someone else's thread but it's slightly related.

tucsondave Are you aware of any replacements for the expression pedal pot in the AT900 and AT900P (guess they may be the same in other models) ? Mine went scratchy, cleaned it and it's OK but I think a replacement would be a better solution in the long term.
        It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
        Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
        Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
        Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

The Roland part number is 00349556 and Roland US shows 4 in stock.
          The mfg. number is RK16Y11L0-10KB. 16mm diameter 10k ohms. I think that is an Alps part number.

If you ship me your 900 I will replace the pot and test it for a year or two. 😀

td

Comment

Working...
          X