Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas organ parts needed

Hi everyone
    I have been restoring a Thomas Celebrity Royale 7181 organ and need to located some replacement plastic linkages for the stop switches. These plastic linkages were used on all the Californian range plus the Trianon 6820 model. If anyone can assist it would be most appreciated.
    thanks
    Scott

You may end up having them 3d printed. Try contacting Angus through his u-tube channel Maker's Muse. He might know of a source to have them made.

td

Comment

Thanks TD. Where would I find his contact details? I still have a short circuit somewhere as after replacing the regulator chip, the organ basically works but the chip gets very hot very quickly and I’m still trying to work out what’s loading it down - I’m guessing it’s the 17v supply somewhere. So far I have disconnected different parts of the organ to try and isolate it but no luck as yet.

Comment

If you're referring to the 723 regulator then the only voltage supplied directly (through Q19) is the 16 volts. All others have their own pass transistors.
        Are the voltages on Q19 correct. C24 the 470 pf capacitor is to keep the IC from oscillating but I don't know if that would cause it to overheat. You could try removing Q19 to see if it still gets hot.

All I know about Angus is from watching some of his u-tube channel (Maker's Muse) videos on 3d printing. In some of them there are keyboards in the background so he must also be a musician. If he has a contact or link to a website it should be in the description area of his videos. He does sell some of his designs so there has to be a link. I don't know where in Australia he lives but he probably knows about any possible sources for providing the CAD / printing services.

td

Comment

I removed Q19 and the chip didn’t get hot or even warm.

Comment

I removed Q19 and the chip didn’t get hot or even warm.

Comment

TD, i have replaced Q19 which has resolved the overheating IC issue. Long shot, would you have the schematic for the band master? I didn’t come with the schematic I got from the US as apparently it’s separate
              I have the following issues:
              Solo preset volume is low
              band master was working now not
              tibias only present through the orchestral presence channels not through the main, though the complex voices are working
              no drums though the rhythm unit is working as is evident through the auto chords
              Scott

Comment

Working...
              X