Orla GT9000 DLX fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orla GT9000 DLX fault

Hi. I have an Orla GT9000 DLX. When I switched it on yesterday numerous unusual characters appeared in the LCD display, all the lights on the control panel illuminated or flashed & odd sounds emanated from the speakers. I tried the reset procedure as detailed in the owners manual several times but this didn't resolve the problem. I also removed the back panel to see if there was anything obvious causing the problem (loose ribbon cables etc) but all seems ok. Any suggestions or contacts who may be able to help would be appreciated - Thanks

It's a pretty modern organ, and Orla is defunct, so it could be tricky to repair. Check the voltages of the power supply, and make sure there is no AC component to any of the outputs. It would probably also be a good idea to take out all the boards and treat the connectors with deoxit. Once you've done that, let us know what you've found.

Current: Allen 225 RTC, W. Bell reed organ, Lowrey TGS, Singer upright grand
    Former: Yamaha E3R
    https://www.exercisesincatholicmythology.com

Comment

Also if there is a battery, check that it has not leaked.

td

Comment

Hi & thanks for the above replies which I've tried but to no avail. I've got a technician coming next week to take a look but he doesn't hold out much hope as new parts are no longer available & second-hand parts are rare.

Comment

Yes, that's probably true. It was worth a try, but with organs like this that are IC based, if it turns out one or more of the IC's were damaged, often there is nothing else you can do. On the bright side, these organs usually convert pretty well to a midi controller if you want to go that route. We can give you some information how to go about that if you are interested.

Current: Allen 225 RTC, W. Bell reed organ, Lowrey TGS, Singer upright grand
          Former: Yamaha E3R
          https://www.exercisesincatholicmythology.com

Comment

Working...
          X