Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed to identify Thomas rhythm chips

Hi there,
    I’m trying to identify what ICs are on the rhythm generator board of a thomas Celebrity Royale 7181. The chip numbers are thomas part numbers and I need to know the replacement chip types.
    chip numbers are: 13-5133-6 and 13-5131-6 hopefully someone can identify these.
    thanks
    scott

Those are custom chips:
    1300 51316 $24.95 Rhy Voice II Codes -Rhythm LSI Custom
    1300 51336 $19.95 Rhy Voice I Codes -Rhythm LSI Custom
    1993 prices from a now defunct 3rd party company.

Also I just found the Bandmaster schematics if you still need them. Bad news is they are on microfiche and the scan may be a bit soft.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Thanks TD
      yes the bandmaster schematics will be really helpful.
      as for the ICs, do you know if they were used in the symphony Royale 782?
      cheers
      scott

Comment

• tucsondave
        tucsondave commented
        Editing a comment
        782 had the RM7 rhythm, 7181 had the RM 11 so different chips.

The rhythm patterns on track one seem to be missing various tones but track 2 seems ok. I wonder if it’s the chips I mentioned above or it’s the 918/5067 chips, again I don’t know what these are.

Comment

Ok, so there must be some replacement somewhere for the thing, also I don’t quite understand how the patterns are generated

Comment

Originally posted by Scott from Oz View Post
          The rhythm patterns on track one seem to be missing various tones but track 2 seems ok. I wonder if it’s the chips I mentioned above or it’s the 918/5067 chips, again I don’t know what these are.
          Have you checked pins 23, 25-30 and 45-52 for the 10 volt logic pulses from the voicing chips to the rhythm voicing boards? You will have to check each pin on every rhythm to insure the voicing chips are good.
          All the rhythm switches must be clean and operating properly through the selector matrix to the chip control inputs 1, 4, &5 on the voicing chips.

Patterns are generated within the rhythm voicing, Fancy Fingers, and Fancy Foot chips based on which of the rhythm switch input lines are selected. Binary 1-7 for track B or 9-15 if track A is selected.

td

Comment

Will check today thanks. So, what are the 5067 chips? Replaceable?

Comment

• tucsondave
              tucsondave commented
              Editing a comment
              Quad 2-Input NAND Gate 4011A
          Working...
          X