X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posaune 16'

added a 16' Posaune 12 note extention to the home pipe organ:

We have the rank up and playing somewhat but having issues with pipe speech. Not sure of the pressure..we have it on 5 inches......might have to wind it off another chest at 6 inches to help out on that speech if we can't get it regulated at 5.

recording of it at:

http://www.reuter822.com/2009/posaunetest.html

Only the lowest 12 notes are Posaune...the remaining notes of the "stop" are the 8' OPen Diapason and a 8' Oboe which works pretty well actually to make a combined unit stop for notes 13 thru 32.

Re: Posaune 16'

Haaaaar!! [:D] I love it!! </P>

Now . . .. what to do with it.[:)] </P>

Got one of those on my digital, which came voiced atffff; and the only legitimate use I've found forit sofar, is to annoy my wife after we've had a major disagreement. [:)]</P>

Enjoyed your sound bite whichhas left allofus drooingoverhow you are going to introduce this arrogant member of your chamber into your romanticensemble debut. [:)]</P>
    2008: Phoenix III/44

Comment

Sounds as though you have the makings of a very nice reed! The pressure may be on the low side, but the stop sounds dirty. Polishing the tongues and shallots (and checking the weights) may go a long way toward correcting many of your speech issues.I would also advise getting a rack on those boots. Those pipes look Austin-esqueand very well built, but that ferel can only take so much stress before it will snap.</P>

congratulations on your latest addition</P>

Comment

thanks! Yes Trevor will get a rackboard built for that rank soon I hope! Thanks for the advice on the speech issues!!!!!!! They are Austin pipes from a church in Grand Rapids Michigan...was told they were voiced for 5 inches which is what they are playing at now..its somewhat possible run them on 6 inches should that be required but we are going to try and get them cleaned up and regulated first!

Comment

it may even need more than that i think our skinner 16 runs on 8psi just a tip

Comment

John -</p>

</p>

I would agree that polishing the tongues AND shallots would be a good first step. I listened to the sound file of the test-playing and several of the pipes are slow to speak, and tone/loudness is a bit uneven (as you no doubt noticed!) I would check that the shallots are perfectly flat, and that there are not flat spots in the tongues (checked against a known flat surface), and that the shallots are on the voicer's mark. Also, it may be that the tuning scrolls may need some re-hab work as well, it was difficult to tell from the pictures.</p>

</p>

Rick in VA
            </p>

Comment

Working...
            X