• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VaPipeorgantuner
    replied
    Originally posted by Prinzipal123 View Post
    Rick,

Were any of the 803's built as 115 volt models?

,Prinzipal123

Yes, they were available with either a 220 volt OR 110 volt motor. The plate on the motor of the blower should indicate if it is 110 or 220. Unfortunately, Meidinger is not very helpful when trying to get info on these older units, but the serial number might net you information if you're lucky. You might try contacting Klann Organ Supply (they have a website) to see if by some odd chance they have the old records from the sales of these blowers, since they were the US sales reps for Meidinger back when they still built organ blowers.

Rick in VA

Leave a comment:

• Prinzipal123
    replied
    Rick,

Were any of the 803's built as 115 volt models?

,Prinzipal123

Leave a comment:

• VaPipeorgantuner
    replied
    Meidinger no longer makes this series of organ blower (not enough demand to meet the production requirements, one supposes). Any way...here are the specs for a model 803:

the 803 was available with 2 different motors... a 3-phase 220 volt .35 horsepower - OR - a single-phase motor that was either 120 or 220 volts ac (not interchangeable)...also a .35 horsepower.

the motor ran at 3360 r.p.m. and the fan will maintain 300 c.f.m. at a regulated pressure of 3.25 inches water column. The capacitor value you will need to run the unit will depend on the motor that you have. 30 MFD for a 120 volt ac single phase or 10 MFD for a 220 volt 3-phase.

one consideration is that motor shops in the US will have a hard time getting parts for these motors, or being able to rewind the coils, as they were made in Switzerland, and Meidinger built their own motors....they are not a stock, off-the-shelf unit as are the ones on american built blowers.

Rick in VA

Leave a comment:

• Menschenstimme
    replied
    I think that Klann used to sell these and may still sell them. If so, they might be able to advise you. Just Google Klann Organ.

Leave a comment:

• Prinzipal123
    started a topic Meidinger blower questions

Meidinger blower questions

Hey all,
    I have some questions regarding a Meidinger blower. It's a single phase Model 803. Not sure about the voltage. Anyway, when I comes to wiring it up, what is the best way to do this? If there is supposed to be a capacitor in the wiring junctions, it is missing. If needed, what type should I get? Also, Is it possible to simply wire it up to a 3 prong plug?
    I won't be doin the wiring personally; a good friend will help me. However, neither of us is entirely sure what to do with the blower.
    Thanks!
Working...
X