X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moller Console Swell Shoe, Keyboard, Pedalboard Mechanisms

Corey

Allen MDS-41-S with MIDI-DIVISION-II
    Schulmerich Carillon Americana - 61 notes Flemish / Harp / Celesta / Quadra / Minor Tierce
    - MIDI Retrofit finally underway & Moller console in need of refurbishment
    Schulmerich Campanile Digital Carillon (Cast & Harp)

A Moller Artiste is not really 'historical' in the accepted meaning of the word. I wouldn't knock myself out. I think we need some pictures of what is and isn't working in the console. It might be easier to just source different keyboards.

Comment

Not sure what happened to my posting, but it shows up blank now. At any rate, for a pipe organ I would say the console wouldn't be of historical significance. However, as these carillon instruments were rare, and are especially more-so today, I am interested in preserving the original console. The control plates, extra swell shoes, and stop tabs would require custom modifications to a newer/modern console in a way that would likely be cost prohibitive anyhow.

The keyboards aren't in bad shape, likely just needing some refurbishment due to age and more-so due to storage conditions and the fact that they are missing the key contacts. I wouldn't want to replace them with the cheap all-plastic stuff, so again I'm not sure that

A few years back, I was quoted $5000 to do a refurbishment (woodwork finishing, keyboards, and keyboard/pedalboard contact installation). I have limited income due to medical issues, so I didn't know if I arranged a bit more knowledge if I could save a bit on at least some of the refurbishment and do it a little bit at a time to at least make some progress on the instrument.

I'll have to post some photos here as I can't find the ones I previously had on this computer.
      Corey

Allen MDS-41-S with MIDI-DIVISION-II
      Schulmerich Carillon Americana - 61 notes Flemish / Harp / Celesta / Quadra / Minor Tierce
      - MIDI Retrofit finally underway & Moller console in need of refurbishment
      Schulmerich Campanile Digital Carillon (Cast & Harp)

Comment

Working...
      X