This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have Any Organs Been Ike'd

I live in Houston, TX and my house is still without power and Internet. Last night we went to spend the night with my son whose Houston apartment has both. So the only news I have about storm damage is from the radio, but we saw a few pictures on the TV last night at my sons place. Needless to say I don't know how any of the organs survived the storm. During Tropical Storm Allison the von Beckereth at the University of Houston was flooded, but that was because the organ was so tall for the recital hall that they had to lower the floor to fit the organ in the hall.</p>

Despite the fact that I live here, I feel more isolated, so I was wondering if any body has heard about any churches or recital halls in Houston that have had their organs damaged?</p>

I am going to leave the powered, air conditioned environment of my son's apartment and go back to work on fixing up our unpowered house today. So I might be "off the grid" for a few days.</p>

</p>
    Have Fun!

Jon Benignus
    WurliTzer Series 20 (circa late 1940s)

Comment

Re: Have Any Organs Been Ike'd

yep, no power, no internet, no phone. Luckly, no flood or building damage for me. I need ICE!

George

Comment

I need ICE! George</P>

This sounds like a good time for red wine rather than white. You could probably use it.</P>

Good luck!</P>

[D]</P>

Comment

Comment

We got power back on yesterday, but out our phone and DSL just came back a few hours ago.
            </p>

[quote user="FrenchHorn8"]Ike hit us pretty bad in Michigan no less. My Wurlitzer got a bit wet. So far, we've removed over 1500 gallons from the basement. I just can't imagine what it would be like to have to deal with this kind of weather regularly![/quote]</p>

We get hit by a really bad hurricane once every 25 years or so (although Ike was worse than Alicia in 1983), you get snow and ice every year in Michigan. Each region's weather has its drawbacks. I am amazed how far inland Ike traveled! I hope everybody up north is okay.</p>

</p>
            Have Fun!

Jon Benignus

Comment

[quote user="geoelectro"]yep, no power, no internet, no phone. Luckly, no flood or building damage for me. I need ICE!

George[/quote]</p>

I hope you got power now George. Now that I got my power back I think I will get some organ practice in.
              </p>

</p>
              Have Fun!

Jon Benignus

Comment

Still no power. Got a generator yesterday for the refridgerator and some lights. Got some groceries too yesterday. No way to wash and dry clothes. No hot water. No AC. Day five! Still, many are far worse off!
                </p>

George
                </p>

</p>

Comment

Working...
                X