The unOFFICIAL ORGAN SCHEMATIC THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The unOFFICIAL ORGAN SCHEMATIC THREAD

Due to Forum rulez it is somewhat impossible to be concise about making a place one can come to request and or offer up organ schematics and other service information in regards to only electronic organs.

However, times are changing and if it's done right we can finally get those long sought after schematics 100% ...well for no money. After all, that would be breaking a rule.

Do you have a schematic?

Which do you have?

Can you ( will you please) list them on this thread?

After you've listed them please put after the list:
    1. Yes, you can send me a personal message (PM) and we can discuss sharing them ( cut and paste after your list)
    And- OR-
    2. I'll be reading the thread often, make a quick post on this thread that you want them and I will contact you ( cut and paste after your list)

(Please keep posts short). This thread will work better if we don't do a lot of commenting. There should just be lots of lists after this first post.

If you have a link that has good organ schematics post the address in the thread ( don't explain, just a quick description and only if needed)

If you remember to do this, put the "have's" in blue, and the "needs" in red [ the color is the A to the left of the ] and put at the top the other posts in this thread, ie. #2,#3 so others can see your collection of haves and needs quickly. Plus this helps you keep an inventory better.

I'll do the first one following this to show you what I mean....and away we goooo!!!!!
    Last edited by paulj0557; 08-24-2011, 03:25 PM.
    Wurlitzer '46' Model 31 Orgatron & 310 rotary cab, 56' 4410 , 65' 4300
    Hammond '55' S6 Chord Organ,HR-40,ER-20, 1971 X66/& 12-77 tone cabinet w/ 122 kit & TREK Transposer- of which I've retrofitted a Wurlitzer/Lowrey 'PedAL gLIdE' awesome!
    Gulbransen 61' 1132 '76' Rialto II & Leslie 705 + two 540
    Conn '57' 406 Caprice '59' 815 Classic (the 29th 815)
    PLEASE SAVE THE WURLITZER ELECTROSTATIC CONTINUOUS-FREE-REED ORGANS 1953'-1961' Hammond TW's ONLY TRUE COMPETITOR! (Ggl> NSHOS WURLI 4600)

Thomas Palace III 901 (complete, but photo images)

Thomas Palace III 904
    (Original printed)

Thomas Palace III Owners manual

Thomas Band Box Owners manual http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/...%20Box%20book/

Gulbransen Rialto II ( Complete Service Manual/ original printed in binder)

Hammond Elegante Owners Guide 340100 ( Gold cover, original )

Leslie 102 & 103 Owners Manual ( orig. the famous " Isomonic " and " Space Generator " system)

Yes, you can send me a personal message (PM) and we can discuss sharing them

----

I need:

Thomas Californian 263 schematic

Wurlitzer 625t schematic

Please send me a PM if you have any of these. NOTE:I am going to post all of my manuals as soon as I get a scanner. Requests will lead me in that direction faster.
    ----

Hammond S6 Schematic, user, & service info> http://users.rcn.com/clonk/ChordOrgan/whatsthat.html

Wurlitzer 4600 Electrostatic reed organ > http://www.nshos.com/Wurli4.htm

The Organ List ( keep it handy and refer to this list when needed) http://www.lowreyforum.com/notes/Eorgan_list_v4.pdf
    Last edited by paulj0557; 08-24-2011, 03:15 PM.
    Hammond '55' S6 Chord Organ,HR-40,ER-20, 1971 X66/& 12-77 tone cabinet w/ 122 kit & TREK Transposer- of which I've retrofitted a Wurlitzer/Lowrey 'PedAL gLIdE' awesome!
    PLEASE SAVE THE WURLITZER ELECTROSTATIC CONTINUOUS-FREE-REED ORGANS 1953'-1961' Hammond TW's ONLY TRUE COMPETITOR! (Ggl> NSHOS WURLI 4600)

Comment

paulj0557 Organ Schematics
      More on #2 __________ Wurlitzer Schematics // Transistorized Models // Troubleshooting // Wurlitzer Service Manuals

Today purchased- Click photo to view full size, & click slideshow to see organs (soon will upload all schematics to same location). [I chose 'clickable thumbnail' from the 'choose action'-drop down menu above my uploaded image on photo bucket for this image you see here].

--7 fold out schematic diagrams for Wurlitzer transistorized models-
      4700//4500,4502,4520//4300//4140//4059,4060//4070//4480//4080,4075//4017,4040
      --Wurlitzer Combo Organ

trouble shooting chart ( pamphlet) for all
      --amps & power supply
      --chimes
      --generators
      --keying
      --mechanical
      --psm
      --pedals
      --reverb
      --slide
      --spectra-tone
      --ssh-boom
      --swell pedal assembly
      --vibrato

also the 4500 section has 14 schematic diagrams

Yes, you can send me a personal message (PM) and we can discuss sharing them
      Last edited by paulj0557; 08-24-2011, 10:47 PM.

Comment

I have many Gulbransen schematics/service manuals. Some of these are not easy to scan as they have foldout diagrams and some of the later manuals are really more like books. But if you are looking for something PM me.
        Jimmy Williams
        Hobbyist (organist/technician)
        Gulbransen Model D with Leslie 204

Comment

Wurlitzer models 800, 802 & 805

I have the full set of schematics for all three and would share.
          "The employment of the piano is forbidden in church, as is also that of noisy frivolous instruments such as drums, cymbals, bells and the like." St. Pius X

Comment

Hello:

I have lots of original, factory-issued service manuals but am unwilling to just give them away, as PaulJ is suggesting. Here are examples of the values I am offering:
            • Thomas 262-263 Californian @ $8
            • Wurlitzer 625/630 including Orbit @ $10
            Shipping is extra, to anywhere in the world. Many of my manuals have hand-written notes by the technicians who once owned them and, as Jimmy pointed out many of the schematics are large foldouts that require multiple scans and pasting up by the recipient.

I can understand downloading a PDF of a manual that is no longer widely available, but at these prices, wouldn't you really rather have The Real Thing?

. . . Jan
            the OrganGrinder

Comment

I think there's room for both approaches Jan. I'm glad to see that you're not one of the unscrupulous lot that are trying to charge rip-off prices for schematics - not that I'd expect that of you!
              It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
              Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
              Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

Comment

Thanks for weighing in, Andy. Since you mentioned "rip-off prices", I am absolutely blown away by Hammond and Leslie part prices being quoted by, well, you know who they are, on the Web. Amphenol plugs and sockets for $10 usd?

Unscrupulous!

. . . Jan
                the OrganGrinder

Comment

Dare I start a 'Parts " thread Jan. I will by all means buy those manuals Thomas Californian 263 & Wurlitzer 625t like yesterday! Send me a PM of your contact information and shipping costs ( I figure you're not in Ohio, fat chance uh'?). Will you ship together to save on shipping? It does count as media mail correct? Of course whatever your handling fee etc. etc. just tell me what and how to send-Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Jan Girardot View Post
                    Many of my manuals have hand-written notes by the technicians who once owned them and, as Jimmy pointed out many of the schematics are large foldouts that require multiple scans and pasting up by the recipient.

I can understand downloading a PDF of a manual that is no longer widely available, but at these prices, wouldn't you really rather have The Real Thing?

. . . Jan
                    the OrganGrinder
                    My sister is a landscape architect and still deals with her West Coast clients from Ohio. She has come up with some way ( and cheaply I can assure you) to scan large documents and send them to them via email. I'll see what she does and let you know. Not that it would outweigh your bargains, but for your own ability to save forever digitally what you are shipping away- those hand written notes etc.

Comment

Wurlitzer 625/625t/630/630t http://files.matrixw.mailworks.org/pub/

If you find it useful please buy a copy (not from me, I do not sell it, please don't ask).
                      __________________________________________________ ______________________
                      Mutable Instruments Shruthi
                      Robertsonics WavTrigger (loaded with Mellotron samples)
                      Lowrey GX-400
                      Lowrey Micro Genie 120

Comment

Originally posted by quarterturn View Post
                        Wurlitzer 625/625t/630/630t http://files.matrixw.mailworks.org/pub/

If you find it useful please buy a copy (not from me, I do not sell it, please don't ask).
                        Thank you! I bought a copy of the 625t yesterday, along with a Thomas Californian 262/263 [ 80% of the Californian spinets are the same circuits- TG's, Tremulent, Voicing, and Power Supply from the 250 up to Quadraphonic]. Your efforts will be appreciated by all certainly. I'll scan the Thomas schematic as soon as I get it. BTW I just got a used scanner last night for $1.91 at the thrift store- a Mustek 1200 UB. I'm going to plug it in right now to see if it works. Can you tell me the best way to get these into the PDF format like you did. You can just give me the links or the names and I can go from there. Again, thank you for your participation, you have gotten this under way perfectly.

Comment

scanning manuals

Originally posted by paulj0557 View Post
                          Thank you! I bought a copy of the 625t yesterday, along with a Thomas Californian 262/263 [ 80% of the Californian spinets are the same circuits- TG's, Tremulent, Voicing, and Power Supply from the 250 up to Quadraphonic]. Your efforts will be appreciated by all certainly. I'll scan the Thomas schematic as soon as I get it. BTW I just got a used scanner last night for $1.91 at the thrift store- a Mustek 1200 UB. I'm going to plug it in right now to see if it works. Can you tell me the best way to get these into the PDF format like you did. You can just give me the links or the names and I can go from there. Again, thank you for your participation, you have gotten this under way perfectly.
                          Glad to help. I borrowed an HP LaserJet M9040 MFP printer/scanner/copier to do it. It does simultaneous double-side scanning, can deal with thick stock and has a straight paper path for the scan. The downside is the max resolution is 300x300. I think it is somewhat marginal but I let it be greyscale on the schematics to improve the detail a bit. You can also blame Wurlitzer for printing the manual so small - you need a magnifying glass to read it.

As for the PDF part, the scanner does that automatically. It would be a ton of work otherwise.

As for repairing my 625t, I'm temped to try snipping out the chip body and leaving the leads, then soldering a socket on top to avoid unwrapping and pulling boards. I will practice this on some junk boards first.
                          __________________________________________________ ______________________
                          Mutable Instruments Shruthi
                          Robertsonics WavTrigger (loaded with Mellotron samples)
                          Lowrey GX-400
                          Lowrey Micro Genie 120

Comment

Originally posted by quarterturn View Post

As for repairing my 625t, I'm temped to try snipping out the chip body and leaving the leads, then soldering a socket on top to avoid unwrapping and pulling boards. I will practice this on some junk boards first.
                            Another option to lifting the PC boards( I'd try to lift though, shouldn't have to disconnect any wires to lift boards & swinging up those manuals gives access to Solo & Orbit anyway.) use a wire wrapping technique of sorts- wrap the clipped pins remaining on the PCB in a tight spiral after doing a quick tack hold to the beginning of the spiral, use a small screwdriver to wrap the spiral on loosely as it leaves the clipped pin and bring the end of the spirals out away from the chip's location. Then set your chip socket down into these spirals, pull each wire snug and do another tack solder. the wire is already holding the socket, but it also helps dissipate some of the heat instead of it melting through to the pad underneath. Sounds complicated, but it's not.

Comment

WURLITZER AMPLIFIER SCHEMATICS
                              -----AMPLIFIER SYSTEMS----
                              schematics, block diagrams, parts layout, w/o pc board layout...these could be a. hard wired, or b. simple enough just draw connects on parts layout diagram while looking at schematic.
                              [ These are guitar amplifiers, PA's etc.]

-Model 7100 Preamplifier
                              -Model 7000 Amplifier
                              -Model 7200 Amplifier ( has to- " Wurlitzer Brass Horn " output)
                              -Model 7020 Amplifier
                              -Model 7210 Amplifier
                              -Model 7220 Amplifier

---MODEL 5020 ELECTRONIC SWINGIN' RHYTHM
                              [ This is an external rhythm unit that can be plugged into various organs or external mixers, PA's etc.]
                              100% complete- all schematics,block diagrams, logic explanations, red Logic pcb layout, and green voice control pcb layout. Don't know the logic chips #'s.

Comment

Working...
                              X