inexpensive small pipe organs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inexpensive small pipe organs?

What are some good, small enough to fit in home, inexpensive electric-action pipe organs?

It would be helpful if you gave an idea of your budget and where you are located. Even if you find an instrument for very little money, it needs to be moved and installed. Also sources would be different for different locations. The following is information for someone in the United States.

There are a number of pipe organ builders who made unit organs that are intended for an organ studio or home installation. Builders also make small one or two manual organs for that purpose. There are several listings on the website of the Organ Clearing House that may work for you. Here is their website:

https://www.organclearinghouse.com/organs-for-sale

Another source is the Church Organ Trader. You have to be a member, but it is free to join. Here is their website:

https://churchorgantrader.com/

You can check the classifieds of the Diapason and American Organist also.

Good luck in your search.
    Last edited by voet; 04-07-2021, 03:30 PM.
    Bill

My home organ: Content M5800 as a midi controller for Hauptwerk

Comment

Your profile location (Earth) is not useful in pinpointing organs which may be close to you. In buying any small pipe organ, transportation is an important part of the total cost.

Lots of users don't include their location or fail to provide a useful location--it makes it hard for other forum member to help you when looking for items or service "in your area". City and state are probably the most useful--some states are small enough that state alone is beneficial.

Comment

There is a Möller Artiste available somewhere. That might be in your range.

Michael
        Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
        • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
        • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
        • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

Originally posted by toodles View Post
          Your profile location (Earth) is not useful in pinpointing organs which may be close to you.
          I'm in the Phoenix, Arizona, area.

Comment

It would be helpful to know your budget. Also, do you want a real pipe organ, or digital/Electric? For a real pipe organ, even a single manual one with one rank, assuming the organ is free, I would think you would be looking at $5,000-10,000 just for professional installation. A new home pipe organ for less than $30,000 would be an inexpensive price. I hope someone can correct me with a cheaper estimate, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they corrected me with a more expensive estimate!

Comment

Möller Artiste in California: http://barton.theatreorgans.com/selectedad.asp?ID=24621

Try this link on eBay, the organ is located in Arkansas: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-Moller...n/303945653172

Hope this helps a little.

Michael
              Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
              • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
              • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
              • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

Originally posted by Larason2 View Post
                a real pipe organ, or digital/Electric?
                Pipes can be added to digital organs, can't they? Would that be least expensive option to get real pipes?

Comment

Rodgers offered pipe supplements starting with 2 ranks (flute and principal) for their last analog organs from the 1980's. They come up for sale once in a while and are usually priced in an affordable range. Whether or not you'd be satisfied with the meager resources with this approach, only you can answer.

They also made two cabinet style pipe-analog organs, the 200 and 205. Very handsome looking they used analog electronics with 49 note principal and flute ranks of pipes. Again, then come up for sale from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by toodles View Post
                    Rodgers offered pipe supplements starting with 2 ranks (flute and principal) for their last analog organs from the 1980's.
                    Wow, they look nice: 200/205 Rodgers Classic Organ Series.

Comment

Working...
                    X