X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions about the parts of the console

Hi all,</p>

I'm new here and I don't know a whole lot about organs other than 1) I love the sound, 2) I'm fascinated by all the keyboards and pully-outy bits and the pedals. I've been poking around the net looking for information on what all the various parts of the organ console are, but haven't had a lot of success. Can you help me?</p>

I'm looking to find out:</p>

1) What each keyboard controls.</p>

2) What the knobs off to the sides of the keyboards do.</p>

3) what the buttons below each keyboard and above the pedals do.</p>

4) What all the various parts are called so I can stop sounding like an idiot and use less vague descriptions.</p>

Why am I bothering you with this silly request? Because, as a modular synthesizer fanatic, I couldn't leave well enough alone with just building a whole bunch of modules and sticking them in racks and hooking them up to MIDI keyboards. No, I decided that I needed to make the whole ordeal look, and possibly function, like a pipe organ console. Yup, I'm crazy. Yes, I know it's going to take a few years to complete. Yes, I know it's going to consume what little time I have for a social life. But I'm good with that. It's going to be awesome when it's done.</p>

*gets down off soap box*</p>

Thank you all,</p>

Ian </p>

Re: questions about the parts of the console

Here you go:

http://panther.bsc.edu/~jhcook/OrgHist/welcome.htm

This websiteis excellent and has a very detailed section on how the organ works.

Read it from top to bottom and report back to us when you are ready for the next step! [:D]

Comment

Working...
    X