• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can I say? It works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by rjsilva View Post
      Thanks everyone! To reply a little bit:

Slim Jerkins, do you have any recordings of the Artisan Sound Engine? I actually can't play the sounds on their website. Their product is definitely the most simple solution. How many ranks is that?
      rjsilva - I'm seeing the configuration file loading 25 ranks. I'll see what I can do about recording something. Where in PA are you?

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
        There are some Hauptwerk sample sets that are recorded from multiple mic positions in the sound field, e.g. close to the sound source and out in the middle of the church, that allow you mix the two in varying proportions in effect letting you determine where in the sound field you are.
        That sounds very useful.

Originally posted by Slim Jerkins View Post
        rjsilva - I'm seeing the configuration file loading 25 ranks. I'll see what I can do about recording something. Where in PA are you?

Bill
        That'd be great if you could! I'm in southeastern PA, just outside Philadelphia.
        Viscount C400 3-manual
        8 channels + 2 reverb channels (w/ Lexicon MX200)
        Klipsch RSX-3 speakers and Klipsch Ultra 5.1 subwoofers

Comment

Oh well, I'm in southwestern PA. So much for offering a live demonstration.

Comment

Originally posted by steverose
            Mark Beverly's Prudhoe Methodist
            Panos Virtual Organs
            Bonzi Andrea Angelo
            Every link under virtualorgans.nl except Walcker Wildervank Complete
            Wikipage has been updated.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by rjsilva View Post
            So it looks like GOLive is basically a complete operating system install. Is it basically Linux optimised/simplified to run GrandOrgue? How long does it take to boot? The webpage I saw talks about using GOLive to demo GrandOrgue, but I'm assuming you can install that directly on the internal drive of the computer?
            Yes, you its a complete linux based OS tailord for running GO.

Booting from a live media is slower than booting it installed via live installer. The boot time depends on your computer. Sampleset load time = loaded size of the sample set divided by hard disk read rate.

For the demo set, someone posted the following [sorry German]:
            http://mps-net.de/orgel/seite/includ...=699&entries=0
            Translated: Intel NUC - 10s BIOS + 10s for the rest [demo set]

Comment

Originally posted by e9925248 View Post
              Translated: Intel NUC - 10s BIOS + 10s for the rest [demo set]
              That's excellent. Thanks for letting me know!

Someone in my area is selling an Intel NUC 4-core i5 with 16GB RAM and a 128GB SSD. They're asking $350 but will entertain offers. I just don't have the funds right now!
              Viscount C400 3-manual
              8 channels + 2 reverb channels (w/ Lexicon MX200)
              Klipsch RSX-3 speakers and Klipsch Ultra 5.1 subwoofers

Comment

I have revisited the issue of shortening the reverb tail in GO and I now agree with Admin. I have set the reverb tail to max for the sample set I play most frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by tbeck View Post
                  I have revisited the issue of shortening the reverb tail in GO and I now agree with Admin. I have set the reverb tail to max for the sample set I play most frequently.
                  I don't like to shorten it all the way and then re-reverb it but I do cut the length down a little bit at our church to make it sound more natural. I feel the shortening it slightly doesn't make it sound strange. This is sample dependent as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X