Hauptwerk American Classic Sampleset

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hauptwerk American Classic Sampleset

I have a 3M Hauptwerk VPO with the 1928 Mt. Carmel E.M. Skinner dry sampleset. Does anyone have a recommendation for a 3M American Classic dry sampleset that is a much newer organ. I would like a sample set that has at least 48 stops including a 32' flue and 32' reed stop in the pedal with the same quality as the Skinner MasterWorks Edition. Thanks, Allen.

Allen, have you gone to the forum on the Hauptwerk site? When I have wanted to know what is available I usually do a search in the Instruments section of the forum. Not only do you find out what is available, you get comments from people who are familiar with the instrument. This also might be a good place to pose your question. Good luck to you.

Bill

My home organ: Content M5800

Comment

Have you checked out this source for a sample set from a large 1969 Schantz American Classic 3m?

http://www.organexpressions.com/samples.htm

The guy behind this operation is actually an occasional poster on the forum, I think. I have the "chapel" version of his Schantz, and the sounds are quite nice. His sample sets are dry, having been sampled right over the pipe chests. Best I can tell, he is a real pro and uses methods and equipment to produce his sets that are the equal of anything the big sample providers use.

There are several links on his website to performances done on these sets, so you can hear them in use.
      John
      ----------
      Church: Allen MDS-45 with Allen MIDI-DIVISION-II expander
      Home: Allen Renaissance R-230 with expanded four-channel audio and MIDI-DIVISION-II
      Shop: Bunch of organs in varying conditions, some good, some not...
      Half of an incredible two-man organ service team -- servicing all the major digitals in Arkansas churches
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

• Admin
        Admin commented
        Editing a comment
        Agree on this.

We have this sample set on our Hauptwerk instrument at church and it is quite good!

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your help. I will check the Schantz sampleset. I am a member of the Hauptwerk forum, however, I'm unable to log in. I have submitted a help request, but no response at this time. Allen

Comment

Organ Expressions here -
          Thank you for the kind words. The 1969 Opus 918 Schantz was updated and expanded recently. It is now 53 ranks with a floating antiphonal division and we have incorporated the HW winding models. I also took the opportunity to better voice the instrument and correct a few samples that I thought needed some attention.
          918 only has a 32' resultant. But it does have seven 16' ranks, Nine ranks of reeds and four mixtures.
          It is very responsive instrument and with good reverb or a big room can make one play better than you thought possible (at least it does for me.)
          http://organexpressions.com/samples_1969_Schantz.htm
          Hauptwerk 4.0 VPO
          Estey Style T reed organ
          Hammond M tonewheel spinet

Comment

Working...
          X