The Passing of a MIDI Innovator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Passing of a MIDI Innovator

I was very sorry to hear about the passing of Jordan Petkov, the heart and soul of Midi Boutique from Corvid-19. He will be missed. RIP my friend.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	jordan petkov 1-5-1959 - 11-7-2020.jpg
Views:	2340
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	747534
    Over the years: Hammond M3, BC, M102, B3, four X77s and three PR-40s, a Thomas Electra and a Celebrity, three Fender Rhodes, Roland HS-10, HP-2000, HP-600, RD-600, JV-880, a thing made by Korg (?), two Leslie 910s, 122, 257, 258, 247, two 142s, and three custom-built Leslies. Wow, way too much money spent!

That is terrible. Thoughts and prayers to the family and those whose lives he was in. Rest in Peace. I personally never knew him, but have heard a great deal about MIDI Boutique. Again, sorry about the loss.

Comment

I wonder what will happen with MIDI Boutique and their product offerings now?
      Last edited by AllenAnalog; 11-17-2020, 11:37 PM.
      Larry is my name; Allen is an organ brand. Allen RMWTHEA.3 with RMI Electra-Piano; Allen 423-C+Gyro; Britson Opus OEM38; Saville Series IV Opus 209; Steinway AR Duo-Art, Mills Violano Virtuoso with MIDI; Hammond 9812H with roll player; Gulbransen Rialto; Roland E-200; Mason&Hamlin AR Ampico piano, Allen ADC-5300-D with MIDI.

Comment

Godspeed Jordan.

I have one of Jordan's circuits for a Hammond manual to MIDI.

He was very helpful for the many years I've been communication with MB.

I hope his achievements will carry on.

Condolences to Jordan's family.

Goff

Comment

Originally posted by AllenAnalog View Post
          I wonder what will happen with MIDI Boutique and their product offerings now?
          Here's the email I received from MB on the 17th:

Dear MIDI Boutique family,

We are extremely sad to inform you that Jordan Petkov has passed away from COVID- 19. He was a brilliant man and the heart and soul of MIDI Boutique.

Jordan was very hard-working and he loved his job very much. When he first started working on his original products in 2000, he was producing them all by himself in the basement of his home. Years later, he has a whole production team and a manufacturing factory, which was his second home. He was extremely dedicated to his work and it brought him a lot of happiness and joy.

He was cruelly taken away from us way too young but he left so much behind. And it’s important that we continue his legacy and work to honor all that he has build over the years.

MIDI Boutique will continue to work and Jordan’s name will continue to live on through his products and in our hearts. Our whole team strives to be as hard- working and as dedicated as Jordan was. He was a mentor and a leader. May he be hearing the most beautiful music wherever he is.

Over the years: Hammond M3, BC, M102, B3, four X77s and three PR-40s, a Thomas Electra and a Celebrity, three Fender Rhodes, Roland HS-10, HP-2000, HP-600, RD-600, JV-880, a thing made by Korg (?), two Leslie 910s, 122, 257, 258, 247, two 142s, and three custom-built Leslies. Wow, way too much money spent!

Comment

Working...
          X