No announcement yet.

My VPO Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I seem to have got the fuzz away. Turns out I had sample size at 20 bits which adjusting to 24 seemed to take care of the problem. Thanks for the help.

Here's an update on my VPO console. This photo is the final product minus a music rack, stain, and my monitor which I am debating placing where a music rack would be (and I'd just get all my hymnals and sheet music onto the PC). If I do want a music rack, the monitor will be on my right side.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Image20210413205517.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	280.1 KB
ID:	766272
    “I play the notes as they are written (well, I try), but it is God who makes the music.” - Johann Sebastian Bach
    Organs I Play:
    - Home: VPO Compiled from Allen 2110 parts
    - Church: M.P. Moller 1951 (Relocated 2015) 3 manual, 56 stop, 38 ranks (Opus 8152)

Comment

• Admin
      Admin commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad you resolved your problem. You're using Grand Orgue, right? What sample set did you observe the problem with? I assume you reloaded the organ using the 24 bit samples?

• Philip Powell
      Philip Powell commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, John! I should get the first coat of stain on today.

Yes, GO. It was using the St. John Cantius organ from Piotr Grawbowski. And yes, I've reloaded with 24 bit and it sounds good.

• SchnarrHorn
      SchnarrHorn commented
      Editing a comment
      Coming along nicely!

Almost done! Just need to add some trim to hide the plywood edges but that's basically it!

Name:	99B2BB58-6717-4F93-9957-E04A9733B168.jpeg
Views:	184
Size:	353.9 KB
ID:	766666Click image for larger version

Name:	03F120F0-9507-4A2C-ACDB-09D27DC38182.jpeg
Views:	173
Size:	362.9 KB
ID:	766667
    “I play the notes as they are written (well, I try), but it is God who makes the music.” - Johann Sebastian Bach
    Organs I Play:
    - Church: M.P. Moller 1951 (Relocated 2015) 3 manual, 56 stop, 38 ranks (Opus 8152)

Comment

• sandstone42
      sandstone42 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking really great!

• you795a
      you795a commented
      Editing a comment
      Really nice job. Looks professional.

Well, that certainly is a three day transformation! Turned out really nice! The dark stain makes it look luxurious. Really like it! It looks out of place in the garage!!

George
    My instrument: Allen MDS-65 with a New Century Zimbelstern
    Former instruments (RIP): Allen ADC 420; Conn Minuet

Comment

• Philip Powell
      Philip Powell commented
      Editing a comment
      If only I could convince my parents to let me put it in the house. We are moving soon and on the list of wanted things is a "room big enough for Phil and his pal".

• voet
      voet commented
      Editing a comment
      If we can have "garage bands," why not "garage organists?"

Name:	683FF7AA-9A69-452D-A125-3476BF351A02.jpeg
Views:	143
Size:	411.0 KB
ID:	768840Click image for larger version

Name:	F4D7904A-0B60-4C7F-86DB-DC4AE3A559CD.jpeg
Views:	154
Size:	404.9 KB
ID:	768839 Okay, it’s finally done!!!
    Organs I Play:

Comment

Looks very nice and professionally done.

Comment

• Philip Powell
        Philip Powell commented
        Editing a comment
        Plywood and dark stain does the trick!

Software Update: I decided to try out Hauptwerk by purchasing a one month lite subscription. I am never going back. The sound quality is much better than GrandOrgue. If you have GO, I'd highly suggest purchasing a month subscription ($12.99) of HW to try it out.

Philip
      Last edited by Philip Powell; 05-03-2021, 10:12 AM.
      Organs I Play:

Comment

• jbird604
        jbird604 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm of two minds on the subject. As I mentioned on my VPO thread, I was given a fully licensed Hauptwerk Advanced (version 4.2.1). I am thoroughly sold on it too, and wouldn't want to go back to GO or to the free version of HW that I had.

I do think some sets sound cleaner on HW than they did on GO, but the big draw for me is the GUI voicing and the generally more advanced on-screen interface and functionality. That said, GO is certainly an amazing program for the price and will suit many players just fine.

However, if I hadn't received it as a gift, I don't know when I would've made the leap to HW, as I'm leery of having (yet another) monthly bill to pay as a retiree on a limited budget. Truly, the extra convenience and the potentially better sound are worth paying for. But I'm glad GO exits because there are many who would be hard-pressed to pay either the subscription fee or the rather stiff purchase price.

Downloaded and installed Augustine's Virtual Organs Great Romantic organ sample set for HW... it's awesome! Very authentic, large stoplist, a very nice reverb, now my favorite sample set. And, the best part, it's completely free! It does take up near 10 GB ram but I think it's definitely worth it. I suggest trying it out.

Audio from the organ: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xgv...ew?usp=sharing
      Credo - from the first Mass by Franz Joseph Haydn arranged by George Blake

Philip
      Last edited by Philip Powell; 05-04-2021, 01:11 PM.
      Organs I Play:

Comment

Oooh, very nice!
        Home Organ: VPO Home-Brewed from a former Klann pipe organ console

Comment

Thank you for sharing your inspiring journey, Philip. Obviously you are skilled in many areas. I enjoyed reading this thread.
          Bill

My home organ: Content M5800 as a midi controller for Hauptwerk

Comment

• Philip Powell
            Philip Powell commented
            Editing a comment
            Glad you liked it! Skills? Eh.... just lots of luck and help from the ol' Holy Spirit.
        Working...
        X