X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aduragbemi
    commented on 's reply
    GRANDORGUE CRESCENDO: UPDATE

The Crescendo Panel now has and OVERRIDE switch. When the switch is off, manually-drawn stops will be unaffected by crescendo/decrescendo.

• Larason2
    commented on 's reply
    I like the toe studs too! As long as you don’t bash them, they should hold up. The metal ones are made the way they are so that if someone really bashes them with their foot they won’t break. The lamp holder should be ok, but the plastic button will crumble if really bashed.

• Aduragbemi
    commented on 's reply
    I have not wired them up. When I do, I hope they'll do well.

• SJV
    replied
    Truly ingenious work, I take it they are sturdy enough and are holding up well?

Leave a comment:

• Aduragbemi
    replied
    it has been quite a while... I have been busy with some other engagements. All along, I finally decided the toe stud arrangement - 10 studs to the left, in two rows of 5; and 8 studs to the right, in two rows of 4. There are 18 toe studs in total. Too many I'd say, but that's not much issue because they are inexpensive and there are up to 32 input pins available on the pedalboard Arduino to accommodate them.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220823_091515.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	805224Click image for larger version

Name:	20220823_091348.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	805222Click image for larger version

Name:	20220823_091215.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	805223
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• gtc
    commented on 's reply
    Interesting combination there!

The quality of the switch contacts is usually important. (Contact bounce can be a concern for some applications.)

• Coenraads
    commented on 's reply
    Your ingenuity and creativity never ceases to amaze me. Press, don't stomp, and these should work just fine.
    Well done.

• Aduragbemi
    replied
    Toe Studs

While preparing to wire the pistons, I felt the need to do the toe studs along.

Here's what I'm improvising for toe studs: 30mm diameter momentary push button, screwed down into the base of an angled lamp holder.

Name:	20220723_143758.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	803181

Will they work? Yes, I'm certain they will.

Will they last? Really, I don't think so. There must be reasons why toe studs are made of brass or other metals, and durability must be one of them. That's why they can't be cheap. Anyway, they are not easily available here. So let me stretch my DIY imagination a bit, and enjoy my One-Dollar-Disposable-Plastic-Toe-Studs while they last, or until Providence brings the real toe studs my way.

Leave a comment:

• Aduragbemi
    replied
    I have trimmed the natural keys to make way for the incoming thumb pistons.

Name:	20220714_042949.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	384.0 KB
ID:	802606

Leave a comment:

• Aduragbemi
    replied
    I marked the position of the center of the pistons on the rails, and drilled with 12mm diameter hole saw.

I made a serious mistake when drilling the rows on the 1st rail, and I don't have a spare. Fortunately the rail is wider. I flipped the rail and made another row with the correct measurement. I will cover the row that has the error with a matching trim.

Name:	20220712_221221.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	302.4 KB
ID:	802585Click image for larger version

Name:	20220713_170536.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	802586

Installing the push buttons and wiring them to Arduino to follow soon.

Leave a comment:

• Aduragbemi
    replied
    PROPOSED THUMB PISTON SETUP

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20220711-213251_Adobe Acrobat.jpg Views:	0 Size:	404.1 KB ID:	802496

Proposed piston arrangement as follows

Set and General Cancel are the first and last pistons under the 1st manual, positioned at 38mm distance from the ends of the rail.

Generals (10, in group of 5 under 2nd and 3rd manuals) and Manual Divisionals (6 per manual) at the usual positions. The first divisional pistons are directly under Middle C.
    Pedal Divisionals (4) below the Generals, under the 1st manual.

Couplers are between the Generals (or Pedal Divisionals under the 1st manual) and the Manual Divisionals. Manual-to-pedal couplers to the left of the divisionals, and the rest are intermanual couplers.

Sequencer Next pistons to the right of the Manual Divisionals on each manual. These are followed by the Tremulant pistons to the right.

The rest of the pistons to the right (groups of 4s and 2s) can be programmed for various functions - Tutti, Supercouplers/Subcouplers, Memories, Transpose, Record/Play/Stop, Zimbelstern, etc - depending on the samplesets in use.

Groups of pistons are separated by 50mm. Within each group, the pistons are separated by 28mm.

The pistons will be wired in parallel to an Arduino Mega, powered by John Coenraads Parallel Code. The code can accommodate a maximum of 64 digital inputs and I plan to use them all. So, we shall have 64 pistons in total.
    Last edited by Aduragbemi; 07-12-2022, 01:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Philip Powell
    commented on 's reply
    Woohoo!!! God bless the US of A!!!

• gtc
    commented on 's reply
    Nicely played. I really like the Friesach organ.

• tbeck
    commented on 's reply
    Nicely done. Thank you.

• Aduragbemi
    commented on 's reply
    Sampleset: Friesach

Played with (almost) full organ, with the pedal on manual bass (I wasn't confident playing it with the feet - smiles).
Working...
X