Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snacks
    replied
    Fully agree, I feel like I'm cheating if I'm not playing the pedals! But typically an organ like this will wind up in someone's basement studio where they use it for comping on pop tunes or something and probably never learn to use pedals.

Leave a comment:

• Roger Memphis
    replied
    Originally posted by andyg View Post
    Actually,a lot of people still do play pedals! Organ players, rather than organists,will probably ignore them or just tap on one pedal.

Frankly, I can’t play the organ WITHOUT playing pedals. They are an essential portion of my style. Feel free to have a differing opinion, but I refer to those who can’t or don’t play pedals as Keyboardists – not organists. If that old Wurli were mine, I would at least investigate and try to get the pedals working… it may be something simple and inexpensive… and working pedal would add some value to the instrument.Otherwise, it’s virtually worthless.

Cheers !

Roger Memphis

Leave a comment:

• andyg
    replied
    Actually, a lot of people still do play pedals! Organ players, rather than organists, will probably ignore them or just tap on one pedal. And there are plenty of players who use the automatic bass all the time. But in between are all the people who play organ properly, with hands and feet!

As to the value, that $50 is probably right, we always tell people not to buy organs with faults, especially one as old as this one, unless they can fix it themselves. $50 to buy, more $$ to shift it and more $$ to fix it. Not many buyers out there willing to do that, so get what you can but it won't be much.

Leave a comment:

• snacks
    replied
    Unfortunately, no... if you can get $50 for it, take it. If you can hold onto it and get some enjoyment out of it, that might be the best option - would save it from the landfill. The non-working pedals would take away some of its potential value, but these days not many people play pedals. You could try searching the forum for similar problems and maybe you'll find an easy fix, or post your own thread and get it fully up and running.

Leave a comment:

• cpenn43
    started a topic Wurlitzer 4460

Wurlitzer 4460

I have a Wurlitzer 4460 with a full set of pedals, although there is no sound coming from the pedals. Is this organ worth anything? Is there a use for it without the pedals working? Thanks for your help.
    Attached Files
Working...
X