This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen MDS Theater II with MDS Expander

I use found out that a Allen MDS Theater II with outboard MDS Expander may be coming up for sale.

From what I was told it is in perfect working order and the cabinet is blemish free. I have no idea of speakers ?

What price would one expect on this. I have searched for Theater II and MDS Expander and did not find anything giving a clue to value.

Thank You
    74corvette
    1871 Estey Cottage Organ. ROS Reg#5627

The expander would probably be between $300 and $600 depending on what version it is.

The organ would be worth $2800 to $4000 depending on condition, add-ons, etc.
    Sam
    Home: Allen ADC-4500 Church: Allen MDS-5
    Files: Allen Tone Card (TC) Database, TC Info, TC Converter, TC Mixer, ADC TC SF2, and MOS TC SF2, ADC TC Cad/Rvt, MOS TC Cad/Rvt, Organ Database, Music Library, etc. PM for unlinked files.

Comment

I have many fond memories of having that exact set up with two external speakers. Do be aware, if you aren't already, that it is not AGO, and has the princess pedalboard.
      John
      Allen MDS-317 at home / Allen AP-16 at Church / Allen ADC-3100 at the stake center

Comment

Thank You John and Sam for your replies. John, is there anything Bad, Poor or not likable with ther Theater II that I should be aware of fif this organ really becomes available.
        74corvette

Comment

You might consider this organ: http://barton.theatreorgans.com/selectedad.asp?ID=24003

An MDS Theatre III; 3 manuals, AGO pedals, external speakers. The price is a bargain: $6,000. The Theatre II does not have a full set of tuned percussion voices, whereas the III does--it makes the need for an expander less of an issue.

Comment

I never had a problem with it. All 7 pistons are generals, plus set, recall and cancel. Two memories, no console controller. There are a few pre-recorded songs in it (a certain piston combinations plays them), one of them being Prelude in Classic Style. I just wished it had more pistons. I found 7 kind of limiting.
            John
            Allen MDS-317 at home / Allen AP-16 at Church / Allen ADC-3100 at the stake center

Comment

Nice organ and a good price, but it on the other side of the planet. I am in the Adirondack Mts of NY

Thanks John for your report

74corvette

Originally posted by toodles View Post
              You might consider this organ: http://barton.theatreorgans.com/selectedad.asp?ID=24003

An MDS Theatre III; 3 manuals, AGO pedals, external speakers. The price is a bargain: $6,000. The Theatre II does not have a full set of tuned percussion voices, whereas the III does--it makes the need for an expander less of an issue.

Comment

A cross country organ move is about $1500 to $2000 from a regularly scheduled mover; Uship will probably be quite a bit cheaper, since, I think, often they find truckers who are returning home after a delivery, so they are looking for easy loads to pay for the gas/trip. Any fee, of course, being better than none.

Comment

Working...
                X