Forum Top Banner Ad

Collapse

Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's my Hammond Leslie Tremolo 121-38 (actually a T200) worth?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andyg
    replied
    When you've been in the business 48 years, you get to know what organs look like! :D

1) the photo is very clearly a T series Hammond and 2) if it has a leslie unit in it's a T200. Lack of percussion sounds (bongos etc) at the lower right hand side means it's not a T 202/1 but a plain T200, which had just cymbal and brush percussions. That's how you tell the T2xx series apart. T100 has no leslie. T300 has a 'Rhythm Rail' drawer with extra percussions and the T400 has a built in auto rhythm unit at the top. T500 has coloured tabs and usually a cassette deck at the right.

I wouldn't exactly call today's market a market place, the number of organs is large and the number of buyers very small. Good though they are (and I love them) the T series is the least popular of the old Hammond tonewheel organs.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks so much for your quick response, I'm new to the site and didn't realize there is a marketplace. Could you tell me how you can tell that its a T200? I actually have 2 of these in the house and the other one is slightly different and would love to know how to identify that second one.

Leave a comment:

• andyg
    replied
    Moved to the correct section of the forum.

The reason you couldn't find any reference is because you've mis-identified it. That number refers only to the built-in Leslie tremolo unit. This is a Hammond model T200 from around 1968/69. Value is very low, depending on where you are. To give you an idea of how low, I had a T400 and I could not give it away. It sat outside the house for a while, and a few local people stripped some parts from it to repair theirs. The rest was recycled.

If you're in the USA, then anything from 0 to $50, maybe? In the UK, maybe £30 to £50. Brazil, Eastern Europe or Israel - probably a lot more!

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic What's my Hammond Leslie Tremolo 121-38 (actually a T200) worth?

What's my Hammond Leslie Tremolo 121-38 (actually a T200) worth?

I have a Hammond in the family and want to sell it, I just dont know what its worth. I've searched on this site, and there arent any posts, and google isnt much help either. Can someone point me to a good site, or take a guess at what this is worth?

https://imgur.com/a/8htHy
Working...
X