This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value of Conn Delux Theater Organ Model 645- moving, need to sell

I'd like to know the value of a 1966 Conn Delux Theater Organ Model 645. Finish 013, Style 01, Type 002, 115 volts, 60 cycles, 420 watts, Max line power to speaker 6 Amps

I missed this thread or I'd have replied sooner.

The 645 is a rare one, mainly because it's over 50 years old, but it's the only 2 manual Conn Theatre organ with a 32 note pedalboard. But rarity alone doesn't increase any value. Your potential buyers are:

1) a newbie church organist wanting an inexpensive practice organ
    2) an enthusiast who loves his old instruments (there are just a handful of those these days)
    3) an organist who just wants the console to drive a 'software' organ

All three groups know that the electronics in a 1966 organ are going to want a heck of a lot of work to get it back to proper, safe working order. Those in group 3 probably don't care because they're most likely going to gut the organ and throw the insides away. And all three know just how low market values are. So maybe $100-200, if you're lucky.

I'd like to think that someone in group 2 would snap it up and bring what was a lovely sounding organ back to its former glory, but your most likely buyer is in group 3.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
    Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Originally posted by andyg View Post
      So maybe $100-200, if you're lucky.

I'd like to think that someone in group 2 would snap it up and bring what was a lovely sounding organ back to its former glory, but your most likely buyer is in group 3.
      To add insult to injury, your location can also make a difference in price. Certain countries, and areas of each country may have a higher demand than others.

Michael
      Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
      • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
      • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
      • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

Working...
      X