Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rodgers #790 value vs Allen ADC-7000 (swap)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John,
    Great-- thanks for the info! I'll pass this on to Sam as requested.
    You're the best!! Appreciate ya!

James
    Last edited by James P; 09-10-2018, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by toodles View Post
      The MDS-40S is back on the market again.
      I guess that particular organ sells once per month. I wonder how many there are in storage?

Michael
      Attached Files
      Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
      • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
      • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
      • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 4 Pianos

Comment

Comment

As far as I know, you have to contact Allen to find out when a given organ was manufactured, though perhaps one of the forum members with access to Allen's technician site might be able to look it up there.

Comment

You can use the contact form on their website to send a message. I asked when my Allen was made (included the serial no.) and how to obtain a copy of the owner's manual for for it. The answer came back the next day. (1) Your organ was made in 1967, (2) owner's manuals are no longer provided for analog organs, (3) and your local dealer will delighted to otherwise assist you. Within a hour after that, I heard from the dealer in Atlanta.

https://www.allenorgan.com/contact.html
            -- I'm Lamar -- 1967 Allen TC-4 Project (forum thread)
            -- 1899 Kimball Parlor Organ (forum thread)
            -- 1999 Rodgers W5000C and Hauptwerk - spare W5000C for spares
            -- Conn 643 Theater - Hammond M3 and E-112 - Roland RD300nx stage piano
            -- Public domain hymn search: https://songselect.ccli.com/search/r...t=publicdomain

Comment

Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
              • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
              • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
              • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 4 Pianos

Comment

Michael,
                Thanks for the helpful info on month/year Allen Organs are built.

James
                Last edited by James P; 09-17-2018, 03:24 PM.

Comment

As Michael says, the letter+2numbers date codes will give you the date of manufacture for many models. AFAIK, all ADC and MADC models, all MOS2 models and the ill-fated MDC models will be marked this way. In the early days of MOS1, they were using some other kind of date coding that I've never been able to de-code. Back then, they had a three-digit date code, but it has no direct correlation to the months and years. Could have been some kind of "weeks of production" code, I suppose, but it never made any sense to me.

Sometime in the MOS1 era though, they changed over to the system that Michael describes. I'm quite sure that by 1976 they were using the letter+2numbers system.

Beginning with MDS and continuing to the present, most Allen organs have the actual calendar dates written on many assemblies, and Renaissance and later models have a metal plate on the back at floor level that gives the model number, serial number, and the actual date of production at the factory.
                  John
                  ----------
                  Church: Allen MDS-45 with Allen MIDI-DIVISION-II expander
                  Home: Allen Renaissance R-230 with expanded four-channel audio and MIDI-DIVISION-II
                  Shop: Bunch of organs in varying conditions, some good, some not...
                  Half of an incredible two-man organ service team -- servicing all the major digitals in Arkansas churches
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Working...
                  X