This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wurlitizer Multi Matic Percussion free to good home

I have a Wurlitizer Multi Matic Percussion that has been in my wifes family for over 45 years. She learned to play it as a young girl. It was given to her over 20 years ago when her parents moved out of their large home and my mother inlaw started buying organs that looked like the conning console of the Starship Enterprise. It was played briefly and a part replaced during the first year we had it. It was always more decorative than functional and our kids had no interest or attachment to it. She wants to put something in the space it currently takes and we don't have a space to store it. It did not work when I plugged it in this morning. I thought perhaps someone on this forum might want it. I can take some pictures of the organ and the bench. Not a scratch on them. I would much prefer to see it go to someone who appreciates it and may have the talent or parts to get it working vs setting it out for the trash collector . If there a club of any sort in the Philadelphia or Cherry Hill area of NJ I would appreciate a contact link.

Regards

Bart

"Multi Matic Percussion" was a trade name for a percussion feature used on many models of Wurlitzer organs, so that description alone won't tell anyone what model this is. You'll need to identify the model and probably include pictures in order to garner any interest.

Craigslist is a possible venue for advertising its availability if no one on this forum shows any interest.

Comment

Originally posted by toodles View Post
      "Multi Matic Percussion" was a trade name for a percussion feature used on many models of Wurlitzer organs, so that description alone won't tell anyone what model this is. You'll need to identify the model and probably include pictures in order to garner any interest.

Craigslist is a possible venue for advertising its availability if no one on this forum shows any interest.
      It is older than I thought modek 4140 1963 or there about. The NJ company who serviced it year ago does not seem to exist any longer. Any link to a local club or group who may want to take it would be appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8512.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	606459Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8507.jpg
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	606460Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8511.jpg
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	606461

Comment

I'm afraid you may well have no takers. It's too old - 1965 to be precise, according to Blue Book - for most people to want, and not old enough to be of interest to someone looking for a truly vintage Wurlitzer like the Electrostatic Reed series (and there are very few people who fall into that category these days).

Craigslist and local advertising is indeed the way to go for this. I really do hope you find a home for it but if the worst comes to the worst, don't feel too bad, despite the clear sentimental attachment it will have to you and your family. Bigger, newer and better organs have suffered the same fate. Sad, but that's just the way what's left of the market is these days.
        It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
        Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
        Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
        Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Working...
        X