X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Try again... Allen MDS-1

Don

Not seeing anything in your post other than your name "Don." I assume since your're posting in the What's It Worth section that you are inquiring about the value of an Allen MDS-1, right?

As you may know, things are a little slow on the forum this week due to several factors, but maybe there'll be more notice of your post soon.

I'd only say that the MDS-1 is a perfectly acceptable home practice organ. All MDS models are certainly decent in sound and features. The MDS-1 has "princess" pedals, so that hurts the value somewhat compared to models with real AGO pedals. But that is the only down-sized feature of it that might keep a typical player from buying one, and in truth many people find that the princess pedals don't bother them at all. Some of our forum members here have Allens at home with princess pedals. It doesn't have as many stops as some models up the line, but it has an acceptable basic stop list.

Just a stab at a value ... IF the organ is in 100% perfect working order and looks nice, with minimal wear and tear, and if the insides are very clean, no mouse damage, no moisture damage or mold, it's probably worth putting $1000 into, just because it's an Allen and will have nice keys and decent sound. But if it's on a dealer's floor and the sale includes delivery and setup, warranty, and some after-sale support, it would be valued much higher, maybe $2500, or whatever you and the seller agree on.

At the low end, if the organ is not working properly, or it has been abused in any way, has broken keys, has serious cosmetic issues, or it's very dirty inside or has mouse damage, it might be worth nothing at all.

I know that's a wide range, but that's about all I can say without seeing it and checking it out in person.
    John
    ----------
    Church: Allen MDS-45 with Allen MIDI-DIVISION-II expander
    Home: Allen Renaissance R-230 with expanded four-channel audio and MIDI-DIVISION-II
    Shop: Bunch of organs in varying conditions, some good, some not...
    Half of an incredible two-man organ service team -- servicing all the major digitals in Arkansas churches
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Originally posted by jbird604 View Post
      Not seeing anything in your post other than your name "Don." I assume since your're posting in the What's It Worth section that you are inquiring about the value of an Allen MDS-1, right?
      John,

Your assumption is correct. Aufoxy posted the question once before in this Forum (yesterday afternoon). Your answer is exactly what (s)he needs.

Michael

P.S. Aufoxy, you only need to post your question once. Some posts go for nearly a week before anyone responds. Please be patient as the Forum undergoes changes.
      Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
      • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
      • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
      • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 4 Pianos

Comment

Thank you so much jbird! That

Comment

Working...
        X