This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much are Hammond L-112A's worth?

How much are Hammond L-112A's worth - considering the A portion of the model has the 3 percussion knobs?

Moved to the correct section of the Forum for you.

Location?
    Condition?

The A version isn't usually worth more than the standard one. Most Hammond tonewheel buyers just want it for band/rock/jazz use and they only want 2nd and 3rd harmonic percussions. The voiced percussions were aimed at the home player and that market is all but dead.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
    Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

If it's in good condition you might be able to get $100 out of it, but spinets aren't worth much, even the M3 and M100 don't go for much, and at least a few times a year I'll find M's or L's for free! I got an L-102 for free just about 6 months ago and it works great! I'd probably just list it for $60 or $70, but this may be different depending on your location.
      1949 Hammond CV w/1960 Leslie 45 (converted to 145), using H-1 and Leslie 25 amp
      1958 & 63 Hammond M3
      1963 Hammond L100 with 70s Leslie 120
      1979 Rhodes Piano

Comment

Heyo - Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it!

The model is in used but good condition and is fully operational. There are signs of normal use, but of course not into any affect of tone/playability. I came across it down in Delaware.

I'm still sort of an organ newbie - how does location play into the worth of these organs?

Edit: Would $200 dollars be reasonable for this model, or am I asking too much? If not, what would be the ideal bargain?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark_ View Post
          how does location play into the worth of these organs?

Edit: Would $200 dollars be reasonable for this model, or am I asking too much? If not, what would be the ideal bargain?
          If you had been in Europe or Australia, I guess it could have been worth something.

$200 is not unreasonable, but if the market is like here you'll wait a long time at that price, maybe forever... Worst case you'll go down in price after a while. It always depends on how much you're in a hurry to sell.
          A100, X77, M3, M100, E100
          Leslie 147, 145, homemade road Leslie
          My youtube channel

Comment

$200 is too much IMHO. They sell for rather less most of the time, but start there and then see what people are willing to pay.

UK would be no different. Cross the channel into Europe and it suddenly has a value. Go to Brazil, Turkey or Israel and the value goes up! As for Australia, prices can be low but that's no help if it's on the other side of the country....
            It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
            Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
            Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

They are worth about 500-600$ in Scandinavia. Got mine cheap. 300$.
              Current
              Hammond L-102
              Leslie 760
              Korg SV-1
              Nord C1

Past
              Hammond L-100P

Comment

Organs are very much like houses, the location is critical to value, whatever the house or organ may be.

Comment

True, which is why the 'sticky' at the top of the thread mentions that! Applicable for sellers and buyers.

Continental European prices can be crazy compared to UK prices, Scandinavia seems to be one of the highest priced regions.

Comment

Working...
                  X