What Are They Exactly; Worth Anything ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Are They Exactly; Worth Anything ?

These are a pair of Kimball model 012 tone cabinets, that part is easy. The question is, what is inside them ? Anything worthwhile - drivers, tweeters, amps ? What year era were these made ? Tube amps in them ?

They were hooked up to a Yamaha HS-7T. I have not exactly figured out where the signals come from ( did not take anything apart to look ), but I am thinking that the organ signals are tapped into before the power amps, and these have amps in them ? There is a switch box mounted under the keydesk with push buttons for Main, Echo, and Both. A cable goes from that box into the organ. Two cables come from the box with the multi prong connectors for each cabinet.

And the really strange part of this setup is that the organ is in the upstairs living room, and the cables go though the floor to the cabinets that are in the basement rec room.

Are these worth hauling home for any reason ? They are free, but I am seriously out of room here, unless there is a good reason to grab them up for salvage parts or something.

I had no idea that Kimball ever made Tone Cabinets. Any enlightenment about these would be appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Regards, Larry

At Home : Yamaha Electones : EX-42 ( X 3 ! ), E-5AR ( X 2, 1 parts, 1 not ), D80 ( parts ), FX-1, FX-20, HS-7T ( parts ), EL-25 ( X 2, 1 chopped, 1 not ). Allen organs : T12-A, T-12B, ADC-6000D. Baldwin 626. Hammond Concorde. Lowrey CH32-1. A bunch of Synthesizers and Keyboards. At Churches I play for : Allen Q325 ( with VISTA ), Hammond A105, Baldwin 720T, Several small and medium size pipe organs of many sorts and builders.

Never seen these before. There's a pot labelled 'trem' so is there perhaps a rotary speaker in there. I'll ask on a couple of the Facebook groups.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

Comment

• Larrytow
      Larrytow commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, if YOU have never seen them before, then they are rare ! Thanks for checking for me - I really do not get along well with all those Facebook groups. Facebook though, not the groups per say. I like forums much better - way more ORGANized.
Working...
X