So, what are they worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, what are they worth?

So, apparently, there is no room for my 'toys'. But I'm sure that over the last 25+ years of my acquisitions their value has increased ... o-k - reality sets in - dropped. Like - a lot.
    So, here we go - can anyone comment on values - or even offers on the following:
    • 1961 C3 - Case is pretty darn good. A few nicks here and there - but all working. Includes bench and bass pedals. Home-made (ugly!) 122 switching control - but it works! (Can include a REAL 122 kit.) Two half-moons.
    • ??? L22R - Works great, and the finish is 7 or 8 out of 10. Some sun-fade on the top. But original except for the re-cap I did on the amp (I forget the specifics - but it's the diode version.)
    • 1972 (or close) B3 - lots of traffic on this forum here. It was an ugly chop. I had the lowers re-fabricated. Buss-bars lubed, some broken keys replaced, re-capped the AO-28, installed bass pedal switch that works. Includes bass-pedals, but no bench. Lubed the buss-bars. One hey sticks.. Wired for two 122s with M-E-E and tremolo half-moon switches.. Sounds Great!
    • ??? L122 FrankenLeslie - Probably was a single-speed, but has 122 amp and two-speed motors and new (?) Jensen driver. (Old one included, but it sounds awful.)
    These are in Toronto Ontario. Shipping? I can't imagine what that would entail - but my back wouldn't take much, so they are probably a pick-up deal.

Please - offer me nothing so I can keep these pieces of history!

But, I'm a geetar player - and totally insult these beauties if I hit the leys!

1961 C2, 195? L22R, 1971 B3, ???? Franken-Leslie 122, 1963 Black-Face Twin, 1961 Strat,, 60? Harmony BobKat, 1978 LP Deluxe, Squire Jag Bass, Harmony Stella acoustic, funky Greek-classical, Yamaha acoustic, Art & Lutherie Wild Cherry, Yamaha Pacifica, two left feet, and an insatiable curiosity.

Not sure about prices in Canada, but here in the UK on the rare occasions that C3s and A100s appear on eBay they’re usually asking £2500-3000.
    You’re probably sitting on a nice few quid there!

Comment

They may ask those prices in the UK but don't usually get them! The store I used to work for sold an immaculate, and I really mean like new, fully refurbished A100 plus a similarly immaculate Leslie 145 just before the pandemic hit - £2800 for the pair was the asking price and we had to hold out for the buyer at that price. I've seen OK A100s and C-3s sell for rather less. But as always it's the price that the buyer is willing to pay that counts!

C-3 and B-3 will have a decent value, the Ls less so.
      It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
      Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
      Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
      Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Yes - a valuable life lesson is that things are worth exactly what someone will pay for them.
        Anyway, converted to Canadian, those sound about right. I see very few sales on the Canadian eBay though, so it's hard to tell.
        You both talk about C3s and A100s - am I right that not that many B3s were imported into England?
        1961 C2, 195? L22R, 1971 B3, ???? Franken-Leslie 122, 1963 Black-Face Twin, 1961 Strat,, 60? Harmony BobKat, 1978 LP Deluxe, Squire Jag Bass, Harmony Stella acoustic, funky Greek-classical, Yamaha acoustic, Art & Lutherie Wild Cherry, Yamaha Pacifica, two left feet, and an insatiable curiosity.

Comment

Originally posted by TorontoBob View Post
          You both talk about C3s and A100s - am I right that not that many B3s were imported into England?
          I think that’s right yes. You don’t tend to see B3s so much over here. In fact, I’ve never even seen one in the flesh!

A pretty rough looking A100 and 145 sold last week for £2150, and a nice looking 145 has just sold for £920. But like you say, whatever someone is willing to pay!

Comment

Working...
          X