Allen MOS organ for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen MOS organ for sale

Obviously too expensive. What is it really worth? Any idea on Model #? Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...ssenger_banner
    Can't play an note but love all things "organ" Responsible for 2/10 Wurli pipe organ, Allen 3160(wife's), Allen LL324, Allen GW319EX, ADC4600, many others. E-organ shop to fund free organ lessons for kids.

Either a late Mos1 or a Mos2. What makes me think a Mos2 are the absence of the brilliance control and how the alterables are set up. It would be a lower end model than the 225 though, which has two expression pedals and more pistons. Maybe model 125? For price, if it really is working great $500-1000 US. Since it is already 40 years old, you can expect some trouble and repairs sooner or later. On the other hand, it really would be a desirable practice instrument for someone, and it’s a pretty straightforward Midi conversion if desired.

Comment

Thank you
      John
      Can't play an note but love all things "organ" Responsible for 2/10 Wurli pipe organ, Allen 3160(wife's), Allen LL324, Allen GW319EX, ADC4600, many others. E-organ shop to fund free organ lessons for kids.

Comment

I don't see any Alterables and can't tell if it has console speakers. So I think it is MOS I System 121 (console speakers), or System 201 (external audio). I lean toward the 201 because most of the 100 series did not have the folding lid. For sure, not worth $3500.

Comment

• myorgan
          myorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with Organkeys Jones. IIRC, ALL MOS-2 organs had a card reader as standard fare. It is definitely in a contemporary console, though. Definitely not worth $3,500. Maybe $500, give-or-take.

Michael

Ah, yes you are both correct. There are in fact no alterables. So it must be a MOS1.

Comment

I was able to read the model on the picture of the nameplate. It's a 201C.
          Ed Kennedy
          Current Organ - Conn 645 Theater

Comment

• Organkeys Jones
            Organkeys Jones commented
            Editing a comment
            The picture of the model & serial number was not there last week. I guessed right about 201. The "C" means contemporary console. That model was optionally available in a larger "B" console.
        Working...
        X