Allen MOS-1 clock board

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allen MOS-1 clock board

Hey gang, can you put a MOS-1 Clock board card (like I have in my S100) in place of the Clock/card reader board (like on a S300)? It looks like the connections are identical except for the pins that would only be used for the card reader function.
    Reason: I have a full set of replacement boards at church, except for this, for our S301. I can get a clock board for cheap, but the FF wants $95 for the clock/card reader board.
    I realize we'd lose the CR function, of course. I just want something I could use temporarily until I could repair the original clock/card reader board.
    Any ideas? Thanks in advance
    Bill

I have a card reader from a MOS 103. I may still have the board you are looking for. Can you send me a picture of the board? If I have the board, I would be happy to send it to you just for the cost of shipping.

Comment

WOW- that would be VERRY generous. Maybe I can trade you something? I have a lot of spare MOS-1 parts. Anywho: here it is:

Comment

To answer your question, yes, you can use the basic clock board from a series 100 or 200 MOS to replace the one in your 301. It will work just fine, but of course no card reader.

When swapping out a clock board, be sure to check the tuning of the organ afterwards. It's not unusual to find that the 4 mHz oscillator on there has gotten off frequency when a clock board is stored or transported, causing the whole organ to be flat or sharp of normal pitch.
        John
        ----------
        Church: Allen MDS-45 with Allen MIDI-DIVISION-II expander
        Home: Allen Renaissance R-230 with expanded four-channel audio and MIDI-DIVISION-II
        Shop: Bunch of organs in varying conditions, some good, some not...
        Half of an incredible two-man organ service team -- servicing all the major digitals in Arkansas churches
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

• beel m
          beel m commented
          Editing a comment
          THANKS, John- just what I needed to know.

I think I still have these jewels out of an Allen 602 MOS-1 if they might be of help? I dogged a few bulbs out of the card reader for my 3100

Comment

• beel m
          beel m commented
          Editing a comment
          The first picture looks like exactly what I need... it looks like an updated version of what we have, and I'm sure it's 'backwards compatible.' Please PM me with what you want for it. Thanks~!

Originally posted by beel m View Post
        WOW- that would be VERRY generous. Maybe I can trade you something? I have a lot of spare MOS-1 parts. Anywho: here it is:
        Sorry, I looked but I must have given that one away already. I too have a number of MOS-1 parts and cabinet pieces. Free to anyone who want them.

Comment

Thread moved to Church & Classical Classifieds–Michael, Moderator
          Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
          • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
          • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
          • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 4 Pianos

Comment

Originally posted by beel m View Post
            Hey gang, can you put a MOS-1 Clock board card (like I have in my S100) in place of the Clock/card reader board (like on a S300)? It looks like the connections are identical except for the pins that would only be used for the card reader function.
            Reason: I have a full set of replacement boards at church, except for this, for our S301. I can get a clock board for cheap, but the FF wants $95 for the clock/card reader board.
            I realize we'd lose the CR function, of course. I just want something I could use temporarily until I could repair the original clock/card reader board.
            Any ideas? Thanks in advance
            Bill
            Hey Bill, did you get your clock boards?

Comment

• beel m
              beel m commented
              Editing a comment
              I sure did! Thank you. I asked our Warden (lay leader) to send you a thank you letter... it should be in the mail as we speak.
              We're very grateful
          Working...
          X