Big Devtronix theater organ/console

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Devtronix theater organ/console

The Feed Bot came up with a listing for a 3-manual Devtronix theater organ in a large white console today. The description says it was "found" in a mover's warehouse. The console is certainly well appointed with many colorful stop tabs. The "rack" for the electronic modules and the speaker cabinets are certainly home-made. Looks like this was someone's dream organ many years ago.

Given the current state of interest (very low) in project organs like this, I doubt they will get anyone to bid at the opening price of $5,000. Looking at the photos I'm sure the console will need a major overhaul to be re-purposed to control a more modern sound generation system.

Anyone on the forum have any personal experience listening to a large Devtronix organ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Devtronix-Pa...25.m3641.l6368
    Larry is my name; Allen is an organ brand name.

Main: Allen RMWTHEA.3 with Rocky Mount Electra-Piano, Allen 423-C + Gyro cabinet, Britson Opus OEM38, Saville Series IV Opus 209, Steinway AR Duo-Art, Mills Violano Virtuoso with MIDI
    Lower Level: Hammond 9812H with roll player, Gulbransen Rialto, Roland E-200, Vintage Moog
    Shop: Mason&Hamlin AR Ampico piano, Allen ADC-5300-D with 18 speakers and MIDI, 4 Allen theater organ tone cabinets (including 3 Gyros, but don't call me Gyro Gearloose!).
Working...
X