Conn 653, Chicago CL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conn 653, Chicago CL

Here is an ad that just was posted a few hours ago for a Conn 653 theater organ. The 653 is the Kimball / Conn model if my memory is correct.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/msg/6702522502.html
    Regards, Larry

At Home : Yamaha Electones : EX-42 ( X 3 ! ), E-5AR ( X 2, 1 parts, 1 not ), D80 ( parts ), FX-1, FX-20, HS-7T ( parts ), EL-25 ( X 2, 1 chopped, 1 not ). Allen organs : T12-A, T-12B, ADC-6000D. Baldwin 626. Hammond Concorde. Lowrey CH32-1. A bunch of Synthesizers and Keyboards. At Churches I play for : Allen Q325 ( with VISTA ), Hammond A105, Baldwin 720T, Several small and medium size pipe organs of many sorts and builders.

Crazy as I am, if I lived closer to Chicago, I'd love to pick that one up! I once owned a 651, which I under-appreciated because I was wanting a 3m classical organ at the time. I suppose the 653 would have digital multiplexed keying, as did other late Conn models, so it would be free of the problems with the vinyl-clad buss rods. But it might be subject to the notorious bad solder joints in the motherboards where keying takes place. But it's a pretty thing, and well worth $350, a mere token price. (And yet, in today's pitiful organ market, they may not even find a taker at that low price.)
    John
    ----------
    Church: Allen MDS-45 with Allen MIDI-DIVISION-II expander
    Home: Allen Renaissance R-230 with expanded four-channel audio and MIDI-DIVISION-II
    Shop: Bunch of organs in varying conditions, some good, some not...
    Half of an incredible two-man organ service team -- servicing all the major digitals in Arkansas churches
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Yes, it's a Kimball/Conn model with digital keying. Solder joints and power connectors were definitely a problem, but not one that couldn't be cured with a some time and patience. The reward is a great sounding organ with very desirable features, including a 32' pedal stop.

--- Tom
      Rodgers 660 with additional analog rack sets (practice), 36D/C in digital conversion, Yamaha CVP-107

Comment

This organ has just been reposted. At the same price though. The same party is selling a Roland AT-90R ( phone #s the same in both ads ).

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/msg/6717617287.html
        Regards, Larry

At Home : Yamaha Electones : EX-42 ( X 3 ! ), E-5AR ( X 2, 1 parts, 1 not ), D80 ( parts ), FX-1, FX-20, HS-7T ( parts ), EL-25 ( X 2, 1 chopped, 1 not ). Allen organs : T12-A, T-12B, ADC-6000D. Baldwin 626. Hammond Concorde. Lowrey CH32-1. A bunch of Synthesizers and Keyboards. At Churches I play for : Allen Q325 ( with VISTA ), Hammond A105, Baldwin 720T, Several small and medium size pipe organs of many sorts and builders.

Comment

Working...
        X