Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Roland Atelier SF Bay Area

Hello All,
    Im usually at the Hammond section and I saw this beauty on craigslist.
    I would grab it up but I am too far south.
    This sounds like a cool organ from the little research I did.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/zip...840173007.html

I think you could get a 3rd party to collect it, crate it and ship it anywhere in the World, and it still be a bargain!
    Current Organ: Wersi Sonic OAX800
    Previous Organs: Wersi Verona, Wersi Beta DX401, Yamaha FE-70, Yamaha B-75N
    Previous Other: Wersi MAX-1, Wersi OX7, Korg N5, Yamaha DX27

Comment

Something's fishy about that ad.

The first picture shows an AT-900, the second one an AT-90. If the organ being given away is "17 years old", it must surely be the latter.

Still, as they say in Yorkshire, "what do you want for nowt"?

Comment

In fact, given that it looks like they've just taken some photos off the net, who knows what the organ actually is. What Roland organ cost $20K 17 years ago?
        It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
        Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
        Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

Comment

So, the first picture looks like the actual organ in someone's living room while the second pic obviously is either a manual or some brochure of a model other than pictured in #1? The organ is for free? What's now fishy about it that one shouldn't ring the person if one lived nearby and one was interested in it? I have never dealt with Craigslist and I only can imagine the amount of unintentional as well as intentional wrong advertising perhaps going on on there, but what would be the worst that could happen in this case?

Comment

• Larrytow
            Larrytow commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup, you have that right. I can't begin to number all the ads I have seen posted by folks who don't know organs at all. Lots of wrong information in those. They sometimes lead to very sweet deals though; all one needs to do is call or visit to see what is Really being offered.
        Working...
        X