Allen 632-D for $500 in Minneapolis, MN - Minnehaha Academy I believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allen 632-D for $500 in Minneapolis, MN - Minnehaha Academy I believe

Here's an Allen MOS-632-D for $500 in Minneapolis, near the Mississippi River. It appears to be at the Minnehaha Academy. I'd go for it as I'd love a three-manual, but the "D" console is sadly too large and heavy. I'm sure someone local will buy it but I'm putting it on here anyways in case someone knows someone else who needs one.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/h...866860418.html
    Allen ADC-220 - 1986; Conn 465 Deluxe Caprice w/pair of 144 pipe speakers; Kimball: R-80 Broadway, S-20 Valencia III; Western Cottage Organ Co. Reed Organ
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    P22 piano/10 keyboards/synths; 10 accordions; Ntv Am. Flute/PAC112V guitar/etc

Max, I know from your postings you have been looking for a nice church organ, and this one certainly is that. That D console is 35" deep, but there are ways to get them though a smaller door opening. All organs are heavy, but really, a big MOS Allen is not as heavy as a smaller sized analog. The amps are in a separate rack, so that makes the console lighter also. Those really are some of the nicest consoles Allen ever made. If a school is the seller, they probably ( ?! ) took fairly good care of it. And I do see the speakers sitting next to it, so they likely are included, even though the ad does not state so.

I kinda feel bad about nabbing that 601-D from Madison. I know you were considering it. This one is even better by a long shot.

I'm out of room, so I'm REALLY not going for this one. My advice is to reconsider if you can make room for it, and grab it.
    Regards, Larry

At Home : Yamaha Electones : EX-42 ( X 3 ! ), E-5AR ( X 2, 1 parts, 1 not ), D80 ( parts ), FX-1, FX-20, HS-7T ( parts ), EL-25 ( X 2, 1 chopped, 1 not ). Allen organs : T12-A, T-12B, ADC-6000D. Baldwin 626. Hammond Concorde. Lowrey CH32-1. A bunch of Synthesizers and Keyboards. At Churches I play for : Allen Q325 ( with VISTA ), Hammond A105, Baldwin 720T, Several small and medium size pipe organs of many sorts and builders.

Comment

• Max the Icie Owner
      Max the Icie Owner commented
      Editing a comment
      I've contacted Allen inquiring about the weight. From another thread it seems it is certainly a large console. The weight is the potential issue aside from the fact we'd have to take out the sliding doors on the porch. The rest of the doors in the house can't really be taken out very well (a timber-frame house where 90% of everything is solid logs) so that'd be the only option. No doorway in the entire house is over 35" wide.

• Larrytow
      Larrytow commented
      Editing a comment
      Max, the door does not need to be the full 35" wide. You take the lid off completely ( just unscrew the three hinges at the rear rail of the console ) so it is not in the way. Then make sure everything is secured in the console ( Allen makes the computer panels hinged, but always provides screws to keep them in place ). Then lay a blanket in the doorway, tip it up on one end, and slide it around the door jamb on end. The L shape goes though nicely that way. Allen consoles can take this procedure with no problem - done it many times. There are postings on here about others using this method, so I did not invent it.

• Max the Icie Owner
      Max the Icie Owner commented
      Editing a comment
      Well then...I’ve contacted the school. Hopefully I’ll hear back as I’ll be in the area Friday-Sunday. The weight is another concern but since it’s at a school there’s a good chance they don’t need it removed immediately and so we could find some movers moving someone up here. We shall see I guess. Thank you.

Interesting how that green Allen amp rack was modified to be portable with casters, some kind of quick connect jacks and a very beefy power cable. I see what look like casters under the speakers. All of that, along with the platform under the console and the equipment in the background of the photos, would suggest that this was used on a stage for performances.
    Larry is my name; Allen is an organ brand name.

Main: Allen RMWTHEA.3 with Rocky Mount Electra-Piano, Allen 423-C + Gyro cabinet, Britson Opus OEM38, Saville Series IV Opus 209, Steinway AR Duo-Art, Mills Violano Virtuoso with MIDI
    Lower Level: Hammond 9812H with roll player, Gulbransen Rialto, Roland E-200, Vintage Moog
    Shop: Mason&Hamlin AR Ampico piano, Allen ADC-5300-D with 18 speakers and MIDI, 4 Allen theater organ tone cabinets (including 3 Gyros, but don't call me Gyro Gearloose!).

Comment

Well, I’ve decided to contact the seller. We shall see.

Edit: Someone is taking a look at it tomorrow. The school will let me know if that doesn’t go through. I suppose people saw a bargain and jumped on it. Wish I’d known that you can move the large consoles through the smaller doorways earlier, as I saw the listing within eight minutes of it being posted. Well, we’ll see I guess.
      Last edited by Max the Icie Owner; 04-17-2019, 06:43 PM.
      Allen ADC-220 - 1986; Conn 465 Deluxe Caprice w/pair of 144 pipe speakers; Kimball: R-80 Broadway, S-20 Valencia III; Western Cottage Organ Co. Reed Organ
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Just heard from the seller; the organ sold and moved to a new home today. Thanks Larrytow for the information anyways. It will be useful next time.

Comment

Working...
        X