Beautiful Wurlitzer style French console with Devtronix analog electronics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful Wurlitzer style French console with Devtronix analog electronics

A 3-manual Wurlitzer French style console with a double bolster of stop tabs and Devtronix kit analog electronics has appeared on ebay. The listing may expire by the time you read this. The description alludes to other equipment but does not specify what it is: "My father had a balcony built to accommodate all of the ancillary musical equipment and speakers." He is selling it from his father's estate in Arizona and doesn't know any technical details. Looks like a really nice console and it does have some kind of combination action.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1920s-Wurli...e/133044349760
    Larry is my name; Allen is an organ brand name.

Main: Allen RMWTHEA.3 with Rocky Mount Electra-Piano, Allen 423-C + Gyro cabinet, Britson Opus OEM38, Saville Series IV Opus 209, Steinway AR Duo-Art, Mills Violano Virtuoso with MIDI
    Lower Level: Hammond 9812H with roll player, Gulbransen Rialto, Roland E-200, Vintage Moog
    Shop: Mason&Hamlin AR Ampico piano, Allen ADC-5300-D with 18 speakers and MIDI, 4 Allen theater organ tone cabinets (including 3 Gyros, but don't call me Gyro Gearloose!).

It probably cost $20,000 or so to build it from kits back when they were offered, but the Devtronix 3-manuals were reduced in size from the original Wurlitzer dimensions--notice that the tabs come extremely close to the top and bottom end of the Solo (top) manual--it's very hard to play those keys. Also, you'll notice a lot of unevenness on the manual keys in this particular example. I don't think there's a chance they'll get what they want for this one.

Comment

This has been on ebay for quite a while now. I'm going to be purchasing a 3 or 4 manual console soon, the highest price for any of the ones that I'm looking at is $5000, and that's for a genuine Wurlitzer.
      Hammonds:BV, B2 (2), B3, C3 (3) A102 (2) A105, RT3, M2 M3 (2) M-102, Porta-B B200. Leslies:45 (2), 51, 145 (2) , 122 (3) 710 (3) 760 (2) Pipe organ: Four Manual Kilgen Horseshoe console with 20 ranks of Moller theatre pipework, tuned percussions and toys (in storage) Electronic Organ: Rogers 321 running Hauptwerk.

Comment

They're only going to get money for the console. I have Xerox-paper-boxes full of Devtronix parts (which I'll use eventually )- and they're the newer 236-series generators. This organ has the old 235-series. At any rate, there's no demand for analog tone generators and thus the market value for the electronics will be near zero.

Comment

Working...
        X