Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Master Design Series - Allen Organ (MDS-6) - Digital Organ

Master Design Series - Allen Organ (MDS-6) - Digital Organ On Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Master-Design-Series-Allen-Organ-MDS-6-Digital-Organ/122498771821?

Goodness only knows what that is! They've been trying to sell it for a very long time. The price is quite a bit too high for a stock MDS-6, which is a fairly low-end two-channel model. But there are so many questions -- why does the tag say "M.P. Moller by Allen?" Allen of course bought out Moller some years ago and used that tag briefly to designate, I think, certain hybrid/custom installations. And why is it enclosed in what looks like a big old salvaged pipe organ console? The tabs and other controls do look like they came from an MDS-6, but that's certainly not the console it comes in.

There's a box on top that could be either a Smart Recorder (floppy disk based sequencer) or a MIDI expander box. Can't tell whether there are internal speakers or not, and no mention of any externals. Or if it really is a "Moller" job by Allen, are there pipes involved? More info would be nice. I suspect the sellers are quite unaware of what it is, especially given that the church bought the building but has no need for the organ (and all that drum stuff tells that story).
    John
    ----------
    Church: Allen MDS-45 with Allen MIDI-DIVISION-II expander
    Home: Rodgers Allegiant 677 with expanded four-channel audio
    Shop: Bunch of organs in varying conditions, some good, some not...
    Half of an incredible two-man organ service team -- servicing all the major digitals in Arkansas churches
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

• beel m
      beel m commented
      Editing a comment
      Since they say it "plays by itself" I guess that box is a Smart Recorder

I had looked at the listing before. To me, it was way overpriced. But I'm no expert. And how long has it sat without being played?

Blowing up the pic it appears the box has a floppy slot.

Comment

I have a friend whose church pipe organ was "enhanced " by Allen. It might have been a Wicks. It can do all those things that this one does. This was done about 10 12 years ago. The kept the same console also.
      Can't play an note but love all things "organ" Responsible for 2/10 Wurli pipe organ, Allen 3160(wife's), Allen LL324, Allen GW319EX, ADC4600, many others. E-organ shop to fund free organ lessons for kids.

Comment

Working...
      X