Allen 2m Digital, Free, SW Wisconsin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allen 2m Digital, Free, SW Wisconsin

Here is an ad that just popped up today for a free Allen from 1986. So it is probably an MADC, as it has a Princess pedalboard. Self contained speakers, and it looks like it has a headphone jack. Be good for a home practice instrument for someone who does not mind the compact pedals.

I did not check it out, nor do I have interest in it.

Blanchardville WI is south and west of Madison WI. A very pretty area of our state.

https://madison.craigslist.org/msg/d...939100043.html
    Regards, Larry

At Home : Yamaha Electones : EX-42 ( X 3 ! ), E-5AR ( X 2, 1 parts, 1 not ), D80 ( parts ), FX-1, FX-20, HS-7T ( parts ), EL-25 ( X 2, 1 chopped, 1 not ). Allen organs : T12-A, T-12B, ADC-6000D. Baldwin 626. Hammond Concorde. Lowrey CH32-1. A bunch of Synthesizers and Keyboards. At Churches I play for : Allen Q325 ( with VISTA ), Hammond A105, Baldwin 720T, Several small and medium size pipe organs of many sorts and builders.

It even says they will deliver!

Comment

That is an ADC-220 ca 1984-86. It is a fantastic home practice organ. I have one. Fairly light, I can move it around the house myself. Maybe 150 lbs or so. Easy to transport in a pickup truck. Very easy to service.

Comment

"Repair man says 'parts are hard to come by' " - for an Allen! I wonder if he got commission from the sellers of the new organ!
        It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
        Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
        Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

Comment

• timnc
          timnc commented
          Editing a comment
          Either that, or this guy is not an active Allen tech and he is getting parts off eBay and craigslist. The Allen tech in my area told me he has most of the parts for the ADC-220 on hand. Not to mention he also reiterated Allen’s parts promise. So yeah, I noticed that was fishy too.

• Max the Icie Owner
          Max the Icie Owner commented
          Editing a comment
          I wondered about that too. But at least they're still keeping some traditional music around.

I'm impressed however that they aren't getting rid of organ music and dumping the old organ - they're replacing it with a new one. So that's nice.
        I've been in contact with the seller about it since before this thread popped up. He's checking some things tomorrow. I didn't know for sure if it was the compact pedalboard or not (were there any ago-spec consoles with that cabinet style?). I wish I had another chance to play a princess-pedals organ - it's been a few years and I don't recall liking it that much, but that might not be an issue anymore either. There's a church in town with an old MDC-20 that I might be able to just play a bit just to double-check the feel (I'm hoping to help them out occasionally on Sundays anyways so I might as well ask).

If I don't go with it I will post any info I have here.
        Conn: 465 Deluxe Caprice w/pair of 144 pipe speakers
        Kimball: R-80 Broadway, S-20 Valencia III
        Western Cottage Organ Co. Reed Organ
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        P22 piano/10 keyboards/synths; 10 accordions (3 working); Ntv Am. Flute/PAC112V guitar/etc

Comment

Long story, but the organ will be in my music room next Wednesday! Will update.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          P22 piano/10 keyboards/synths; 10 accordions (3 working); Ntv Am. Flute/PAC112V guitar/etc

Comment

Originally posted by Max the Icie Owner View Post
            Long story, but the organ will be in my music room next Wednesday! Will update.
            Congratulations! May you enjoy your new organ for quite a time to come.

Michael
            Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
            • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
            • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
            • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 4 Pianos

Comment

Yes Max, congratulations on the organ acquisition. I kinda had you in mind when I posted that notice here. I suppose it it is obvious, but you know we will all want to read about the "long story" when you get time.

What is the church replacing it with ? Could be that a salesman for another brand told them that Allen parts were hard to come by ? Those things Do happen ya know.
              Regards, Larry

At Home : Yamaha Electones : EX-42 ( X 3 ! ), E-5AR ( X 2, 1 parts, 1 not ), D80 ( parts ), FX-1, FX-20, HS-7T ( parts ), EL-25 ( X 2, 1 chopped, 1 not ). Allen organs : T12-A, T-12B, ADC-6000D. Baldwin 626. Hammond Concorde. Lowrey CH32-1. A bunch of Synthesizers and Keyboards. At Churches I play for : Allen Q325 ( with VISTA ), Hammond A105, Baldwin 720T, Several small and medium size pipe organs of many sorts and builders.

Comment

Quick question for y’all. I rearranged my music room entirely, based on the dimensions provided by the seller. However, I was looking at the brochure in the Gallery and now I’m thinking I need to make more space. According to the seller, the depth with pedals is about 42 inches (this is an ADC-220). According to the brochure (if I’m reading it right), the depth is 48 inches with pedalboard and bench.

So I need six inches more space for depth, or is there something adjustable that would make it the 42 he measured? I can make the space but I’d like to know if I need to before I tear apart everything another time.

Comment

Originally posted by Max the Icie Owner View Post
                  According to the seller, the depth with pedals is about 42 inches (this is an ADC-220). According to the brochure (if I’m reading it right), the depth is 48 inches with pedalboard and bench.

So I need six inches more space for depth, or is there something adjustable that would make it the 42 he measured? I can make the space but I’d like to know if I need to before I tear apart everything another time.
                  Max,

Is the organ in a contemporary console or is it in a church-style console? If I recall correctly, they were both available. The brochure does say that with pedalboard and bench, the organ is 48" (4 feet). That said, whenever I've seen console diagrams for Allen organs, they always measure with the bench extended beyond the end of the pedalboard. That may account for the discrepancy in measurement.

To be safe, plan for 48", but hope for 42". Hope that helps.

Michael
                  • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC

Comment

Thank you. This house is a timber frame home and full of logs, so only two out of the four walls in this room have electricity and there aren’t many outlets to begin with, so it’s not just a matter of placement but also of wiring and running cords etc. Quite an undertaking. To give you an idea, this is a picture of the room before I started rearranging it (sort of a combination of a music room, place to take Skype lesson, and a recording studio). Only the rear wall and right wall have any electricity.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0788.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	663143

I’m not sure what console type you call this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	0AA8AF26-A173-4063-9CC2-226BC518E6EC.jpeg
Views:	20
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	663142

Comment

• myorgan
                      myorgan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don't know the name of that style console. I'm only familiar with the larger consoles (Contemporary, B, D, C, and T). I don't believe it is a T-style, or any of the other consoles listed above because they are more square rather than styled. The dimensions in the brochure is correct.

Can I have your music room? I'm in log home envy right now. That said, couldn't you run a 14ga. or 12ga. extension cord like chinking between two of the lower logs where it would not be seen, but at least off the floor? Just a thought.

Also, you didn't mention the size of the room, but could some of the keyboards be placed back-to-back, with one end of each keyboard against the wall? With everything around the perimeter, wall-space is at a premium, but there is unused floor space in the middle that could be leveraged. In fact, one of the pianos could go back-to-back with the Allen when you get it. Just another thought.

Michael

• Max the Icie Owner
                      Editing a comment
                      Dimensions are (L x W x H) 13’10” x 12’3” x 9’2”. Not too large really. The space in the center is not as large as it looks. It’s barely enough to have the accordion visible to the computer webcam for Skype lessons, and you can touch both sides just by stretching the arms out. But I’ve moved a lot of things when setting up for the 42 inches so 90% of this is different now. But that is the amount of stuff, yes. Basically cheapish used deals I’ve found except for the large 88-note Yamaha.

There are a total of eight single outlets (four pairs, two per sheetrock wall) for the room. I have extension cords and power strips as it is just to power 3/4 of the room. Running under logs like you mentioned makes things look cleaner. I’m planning on putting the organ against the rear wall and have removed some unused stereo speakers, the changing table used for a mixer desk and rack, and the green table has been moved behind the bookshelf. I will be putting the remaining keyboards in what is now a medium sized open center. I should probably invest in a three tier stand to hold three of the smaller keyboards in one place as it would take up less space than three single stands. Have to import from Germany (pricy) though as the one model sold in the US is not very sturdy long term.

The other complication is that a good segment of the instruments go on gigs routinely. So I have to be able to pack them up and take them out without taking apart half of the room. Yet be able to have them connected to the mixer and able to be programmed and recorded often too. The room also doubles as a computer and printing area. It’s tricky. I might end up doing back to back in the center with the gigging keyboards. Thanks for that.

• Max the Icie Owner
                      Editing a comment
                      The previous owners only had a bookcase, a wall mounted tv, a couch, lamp and a chair in there.

https://image.ibb.co/hPpMRz/Picture_20.jpg

It’s pretty much figuring out how to maximize the space. It can be done, I’m just having to decide what changes will be made. Thanks for your help.

That console looks pretty similar to an old "T" console ( T-12, etc. ). I guess you would call it a Church one. It is not the MOS 1 "Contemporary" console style.

Pretty cool house, and music room. And lots of toys in it ! You likely do not play all of those instruments at the same time, so you can use a good extension cord when you need to.
                    Regards, Larry

Comment

• Max the Icie Owner
                      Editing a comment
                      I’ve got extensions powering 80% of that room or so; I can get electricity where I need it, it’s more of making sure everything else can be used as normal. I think the most keyboards/organs I’ve used at once is six (lots of midi and moving around for different parts). It’s an option anyways. Also the issue of some stuff not fitting on some walls or ending up with wasted space where it’s too small to put what needs to go there. Some of this stuff is pretty big - 58” on the Yamaha Motif, 63” for a wooden buffet that has to stay in no matter what (a concession 😉), 54” for the desk, etc. I’m sure it will work out, it’s just such a project sometimes. As it was set up, everything could be used at any given time. I’m going to add some shelves too so that should free up more space. I’ll post a picture when it’s done.

Dimensions are (L x W x H) 13’10” x 12’3” x 9’2”. Not too large really.
                    With that width, you should be able to fit both organs on the window end of the room with some space in between for the accordions (assuming you never gig the organs). As I mentioned before, the keyboards can be stacked and go back-to-back with one end against the wall, and that'll leave at least 6' of travel down the other wall. Ditto with the computer desk.

Bottom line–you have to live with the setup, as well as move the equipment when you gig. In my case, what goes in and out stay closer to the door, while the items I don't often use go in a corner or further away from the door.

Have fun mapping it out. I have a CAD program to use for that, and I can change the size of the stock instruments in its library to determine where things go.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by myorgan View Post
                      With that width, you should be able to fit both organs on the window end of the room with some space in between for the accordions (assuming you never gig the organs). As I mentioned before, the keyboards can be stacked and go back-to-back with one end against the wall, and that'll leave at least 6' of travel down the other wall. Ditto with the computer desk.

Bottom line–you have to live with the setup, as well as move the equipment when you gig. In my case, what goes in and out stay closer to the door, while the items I don't often use go in a corner or further away from the door.

Have fun mapping it out. I have a CAD program to use for that, and I can change the size of the stock instruments in its library to determine where things go.

Michael
                      Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll see what works. No, I don’t gig with the organs; the only one I could move around much wouldn’t be worth the effort . I have three in that room actually with the Conn (under repair) and my reed organ in another area.

What program are you using? When I first moved stuff in from where I’d had it before, I used an online program (don’t recall the name), which gave me results like these. The only stock instrument was an upright piano. Useful as I could fully adjust measurements but I like yours better.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Indoor-Studio-CAD-Top-Side-3-4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.0 KB ID:	663223

Click image for larger version  Name:	render-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	13.1 KB ID:	663225

Comment

• myorgan
                        myorgan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I like your program, and think I'm familiar with it (downloaded it on my work computer at my former job), but I forgot the name. The program I posted from is a very old PC program (for XP), but I downloaded the other on my iMac.

Michael

Don't let your insurance company know about all those extension cords. Or if they do find out, make sure you tell them that you only bring them out to use them occasionally.

Comment

Working...
                      X