Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GEM Organ, how good or bad?

https://albany.craigslist.org/msg/d/...156162579.html
    Can't play an note but love all things "organ" Responsible for 2/10 Wurli pipe organ, Allen 3160(wife's), Allen LL324, Allen GW319EX, ADC4600, many others. E-organ shop to fund free organ lessons for kids.

I saw that one too.

Comment

Definitely Italian. Looks like a variation on the Galanti Praeludium I. From the late 80's I think. To be honest, I have not seen this brand, but at least I "think" I see a great many similarities to the Praeludium, and the GEM brand is closely related to Galanti. Probably sounds decent enough, but the stop list is barebones. Note the absence of a celeste on the Schwellwerk, as on the Praeludium I. If it's built like the P-I, then it uses a stripped-down version of the tone generator cage in the larger Praeludium models, with the stops crammed onto fewer boards and lacking the nicer features. Also had a very poor internal speaker system.

Nice console though. Might make a decent starter organ, or serve as a MIDI setup. The keys of the P-I had a crisp feel.
      John
      ----------
      *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Hi John, funny you should ask. I have one of these GEM organs - exactly identical - coming in to my shop on Saturday. It's coming from a customer who purchased a newer pre-owned Rodgers from us. Haven't decided what I'm going to do with it just yet...

Comment

Working...
        X