Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen Digital Organ ADC3100, 2 manuals pedals bench speakers

Allen Digital Organ ADC3100, 2 manuals pedals bench speakers On Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Allen-Digital-Organ-ADC3100-2-manuals-pedals-bench-speakers/124280004551?

A bit overpriced for what it is, but it is a good, basic practice organ! The speaker makes me wonder, though. It looks like it might be a Rodgers speaker or an Allen from the TC era.

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 6 Pianos

Comment

There is a logo on the speaker that I do not recognize, but it is not Rodgers.

Comment

• myorgan
        myorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        The logo is either JWD or JDW, with the J being larger. I wonder if it's related to Jensen?

Michael

We own an ADC 3160, not sure what the difference is, but it's a great home practice instrument. Incidentally I saw a dealer advertise one for $10K. Of course that's fully refurbished, with warranty, etc. We insured ours for that much but that's with 4 Allen speakers with 4 Presence projectors and a subwoofer system. However, without actual Allen speakers and the real condition always being a surprise, plus cost of pickup, I'd say there's room to negotiate.
      Can't play an note but love all things "organ" Responsible for 2/10 Wurli pipe organ, Allen 3160(wife's), Allen LL324, Allen GW319EX, ADC4600, many others. E-organ shop to fund free organ lessons for kids.

Comment

The 3160 has a slightly different stoplist; instead of the 16' Lieblich Gedeckt on the great (but enclosed with the swell), a 16' Quintaton is duplexed to Great and Pedal, enclosed with Swell and also present on the Swell. The Swell Sifflote 1 on the 3100 is replaced with a Mixture III on the 3160. In all, I prefer the 3160 a bit better.

Comment

Then I 'm glad that is the one we have! That should make the 3100 even more negotiable. I wish I was closer.
          Besides, draw knobs always look impressive, especially in a home set up!
          Can't play an note but love all things "organ" Responsible for 2/10 Wurli pipe organ, Allen 3160(wife's), Allen LL324, Allen GW319EX, ADC4600, many others. E-organ shop to fund free organ lessons for kids.

Comment

Allen's use of drawknobs on this small console (the T console) was inspired. I bet it sold a lot of organs for them. I personally prefer the 3160 to the 3100, though the differences are minor.

Comment

I wrote the seller, and it looks like they had '70's rotary Allen speakers hooked up to it, I'l see if I can add the pix here sent to me. Wouldn't the standard configuration be like 4 identical channels and may be a sub?

Comment

pictures:

Comment

The standard configuration for the organ would be 4 HC-14/15 speakers, and HC-12s would work find as well. No sub is needed as the lowest stop pitch is 16's and the standard speakers handle that quite nicely.

The organ can be mixed down to 2 channels if desired.

Normally a heavier tremulant (termed vibrato) would be handled by Allen's Trem 3 or Trem 4 units, rather than a rotating speaker.

Comment

Right, my 3160 has 4 HC11's, which used less space in our home, so I added a sub to make up for the deficiencies.
                    I think the speaker complement on this 3100 is another reason to negotiate a much lower price.

Comment

The seller just wrote me that he realized there were 4 HC14's to with it. If you haven't guessed, I'm interested but not for that price, and more the distance!

Comment

Working...
                      X