Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible clones of Walker-Technical speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible clones of Walker-Technical speakers?

Spotted these on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Organ-Speak...0AAOSwraNf1VUB

I suspect they are actually built by Walker. The small speakers with two 6x9's and tweeter are Walker model TP-3.

Comment

• GrandHarmonicsXII
      GrandHarmonicsXII commented
      Editing a comment
      I see. Based on the rather-homely appearance of the pieces, I assumed they must not be authentic Walker units.

Yes, those look exactly like they are Walker speakers. The 6x9 midranges, one with a whizzer cone, one without, is a Walker signature. Same cone tweeters. The tops are either TP3 or WM1103- exact same speaker, just a different model depending on the date of manufacture.

The whole setup actually looks like an "exploded" WM B400, which was a full range pedal cabinet with exactly this driver complement and the same rough dimensions. Only in this case, there's a satellite top instead of it all being in one rectangular box.

Comment

• GrandHarmonicsXII
      GrandHarmonicsXII commented
      Editing a comment
      See my comment above - perhaps they are authentic. Someone will be getting a good deal, even at the buy-it-now price!

The "homely appearance" is the standard utility finish, typical of Walker, Rodgers, and Allen--all use a similar appearance for their utility models.

All of them also offered furniture finish versions of most of their speakers, for more money, of course.

Comment

Working...
    X