Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Case You Have A Cathedral That Needs An Organ

https://www.ebay.com/itm/17470937897...Cclp%3A2563228

....and you only need one foot to play the pedals!
    Can't play an note but love all things "organ" Responsible for 2/10 Wurli pipe organ, Allen 3160(wife's), Allen LL324, Allen GW319EX, ADC4600, many others. E-organ shop to fund free organ lessons for kids.

Comment

Originally posted by John Vanderlee View Post
      ....and you only need one foot to play the pedals!
      Would suit a unidexter:

-------

Hammond M-102 #21000.
      Leslie 147 #F7453.
      Hammond S-6 #72421

Comment

He says he will deliver in his van up to 100 miles.. I dunno, I thought at the very least if it was going to fill a cathedral with sound at least 2 or 3 tractor trailers and a crew of 10 men would be required to haul it. And maybe a month to install it. He is pulling our leg....
        Current inventory. Yamaha HX-1,Hammond Colonnade w/ Leslie 720, Kawai XR9000, (2) Technics FN3, Tyros 5, PSR 910.
        Is that enough?

Comment

Have to give the guy some credit for all the measurements he shows. That sort of thing would be helpful when selling large consoles, so people can see if a console will fit through their door or up their stairway.

But yes, this is obviously "a different kind of Baldwin!"
          John
          ----------
          *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Interesting that it has Midi. This must have been produced just before the merger with Wurlitzer in 1988. Still, it’s at least 30 years old and it is a Baldwin spinet! If it’s working, that probably won’t be for long, and good luck finding any of the IC’s if that’s where the problem is. I’ve never seen a spinet in a Cathedral! But I guess there’s a first time for everything!

-Current Instruments: Allen Mos-2 225 RTC,1870's W. Bell Reed organ, 1890's Singer Chicago upright grand piano Former Instruments: Yamaha Electone E3R

Comment

• John_Joe_Jr
              John_Joe_Jr commented
              Editing a comment
              This looks like a re-branded Viscount

This is one that Baldwin imported from Viscount Italy and put their sticker on, probably in the late 80's or early 90's, when MIDI was first becoming standard equipment on digital organs. The MIDI implementation may or may not be truly complete -- the MIDI stream will include key data and probably stops, but may or may not include expression.

Since Baldwin owned the rights to the Wurlitzer brand name by then, these were sold with either the Baldwin or the Wurlitzer name plate, as a given dealer or store desired. At some point in the process, the floundering Baldwin corporation sold off the entire organ division to Dewey Kuhn, and he called it "Church Organ Systems" and continued the practice of importing Viscount models and slapping on Baldwin or Wurlitzer labels.

This little model actually has/had a rather decent sound. I installed the identical 25-pedal version of it into the little country church where my in-laws attended back then, added some external speakers, and it sounded quite amazing, I thought! At least for the price.
            John
            ----------
            *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Working...
            X