Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Free X-66 Speakers (3) in Stow OH

Marketplace - Organ Speakers | Facebook

Then you can swing by Anderson IN and get an X-66 and speaker in good playable shape for $1600

Marketplace - Hammond X-66 Organ w/ Leslie Speaker and Bench | Facebook

Then you can hook it all up and blow up the neighborhood.....

Sounds like my kind of afternoon

Current inventory.
    Yamaha HX-1, FX-20,Hammond Colonnade w/ Leslie 720, Hammond CX-3000
    Roland AT-90SLW, Technics SX- FN3(2), Technics SX-FA1,F100 Yamaha Tyros 5, PSR 910.

Those are pretty awesome speakers, especially to get 2 for free! If I recall correctly, they can be rewired to work as a traditional Leslie, perhaps with a conversion kit. They have the Leslie sound, but with more power.

Current: Allen 225 RTC, W. Bell reed organ, Lowrey TGS, Singer upright grand
    Former: Yamaha E3R
    https://www.exercisesincatholicmythology.com

Comment

They are straight speaker cabinets, specifically designed to match the X-66. They have no rotors, so can't be rewired to work like leslies, unless you completely gut one and install the innards of a 147 or 760. I suspect you're thinking of the X-77L, which is dedicated to the X-77 and so also needs some gutting and reworking to make it more 'standard leslie'. The tremolo sound they make comes from the X-66's special stereo vibrato system.

I can't see a Leslie in any of the photos of the organ for sale, though it does have a set of 760 half-moons. There's a 12-77, a random 6"x9" speaker sitting on the floor and there is another tone cabinet of some description to the left of the organ. $1600 for an X-66, 12-77 and a decent Leslie is good. Take away the leslie and that $1600 is way too high.
      It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
      Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
      Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
      Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

• Larason2
        Larason2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah, yes, I was mistaken. Thanks!
    Working...
    X