X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen Ensemble

Now THAT is an ambitious price!
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/36482894148...Bk9SR_iS8JfXYw
    Can't play an note but love all things "organ" Responsible for 2/10 Wurli pipe organ, Allen 3160(wife's), Allen LL324, Allen GW319EX, ADC4600, many others. E-organ shop to fund free organ lessons for kids.

Isn't that what they went for new?
    Mike

My home organ is a Theatre III with an MDS II MIDI Expander.

Comment

The seller Mr. Apple, isn't he the same guy also known as the Florida flipper ?

Comment

• myorgan
        myorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, that's the one!

Michael

Originally posted by John Vanderlee View Post
      Now THAT is an ambitious price!
      It never ceases to amaze me what some people ask/expect of their items on eBay. I'd put the price at around $500 for the Allen Ensembleā„¢ if it was in "new" condition.

My Ensemble has an issue in that there are artifacts on the Release part of the envelope that sound like Reverb. Maybe it is my piano adding Reverb, but I also noticed them when I connected the organ to my ADC-4300 with MIDI. Now that I have everything in one location, I'll test again with multiple organs.

Michael
      Last edited by myorgan; 04-07-2024, 12:30 PM.
      Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
      • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
      • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
      • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

Originally posted by mrdc2000 View Post
        The seller Mr. Apple, isn't he the same guy also known as the Florida flipper ?
        I just wonder why he keeps changing his Ebay handle?
        Can't play an note but love all things "organ" Responsible for 2/10 Wurli pipe organ, Allen 3160(wife's), Allen LL324, Allen GW319EX, ADC4600, many others. E-organ shop to fund free organ lessons for kids.

Comment

• myorgan
          myorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by John Vanderlee View Post
          I just wonder why he keeps changing his Ebay handle?
          It's difficult to stay ahead of a poor reputation if you don't do anything to change it. I guess changing handles is one way to attempt it.

Michael

Does anyone remember what Ensembles and MDS Division IIs were going for, back when Ebay auctions were auctions? I saw some but didn't make the mental notes on it I would make on organs. I do remember some of the latter going for < $1000.
        Also when these units were new, does anyone remember what kind of warranty they came with? Certainly not as long as the organs! Here's what I'm worried about - if you take the MX-200 for example (which is unfortunately not truly operable with Allens, or I would have bought one by now*) we know it's just a Roland sound module of some kind (XV-2020), with a special Rodgers voice chip module inside it. Roland SMD boards, like Lexicon, has a general reputation of holding up well...there's tones of old Roland modules that change hands on Ebay or Reverb. OTOH with the Ensemble, does anyone remember Arie V saying that "Allen basically had to outsource their tone modules". I can't remember if he was saying that about the Vista or the Ensemble, but it was around that late 2000s timeframe as I recall.
        That being said the only issue I recall anyone ever posting about any external sound module - from ANY maker - is the possibility of the LCD screen dying. When the switching power supply of my Lexicon MPX-1 died, it was very easy to find a replacement from meanwell. Surely LCD screen modules are similarly replaceable? They have to come in standard char X char sizes, right?

* I heard both a Vista and a MX-200 back in the 2011-ish timeframe. Maybe it's just that Daffer has a room with natural reverb and the erstwhile Allen DC sales office didn't (and still doesn't as far as I know) but I definitely preferred the sounds of the MX-200. I would have bought one at the time but read here that you'd basically be manually selecting stops with the front panel...it would never recognize Allen pistons. That made using it a non-starter for me.

Comment

Nothing dampens his optimism! https://www.ebay.com/itm/36483192662...Bk9SR-7P9J3ZYw

Comment

• myorgan
            myorgan commented
            Editing a comment
            Isn't $3,450 a bit much for an Allen Vista?

Michael

I won the Ebay bid back in 2020 on an Allen Ensemble (drawer model) for $1050.00 and an MDS II Expander for around $750.00 about 8 yrs ago.

Comment

• myorgan
            myorgan commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup, that's about right. I paid ca. $900.00 for my Allen Ensemble II about 10 years ago (or more).

Michael
        Working...
        X